FAZER Handgrips too Hard?

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking the standard handgrips are a bit hard. As winter is waning here in the Land Down Under, I have switched from winter gloves to summer ones. The result is sore hands.
Any opinions?

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
After my wreck (to many posts by too many people start like that) I installed a softer grip. I love them. They are gel like and absorbe a lot of vibration. They cost me $10 for the pair. Even if I have to replace them once a year, they are worth every penny.

so yea. I think the stock grips are too hard. :)

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock grips suck!

Replace them now, gel grips absorb so much more shock and have much more grip.

You don't have to squeeze as hard and your hands won't go numb as easy because of better circulation.

When you think about it at only $10-$15 it's one of the best, easiest, and cheapest mods available.

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I am thinking the standard handgrips are a bit hard. As winter is waning here in the Land Down Under, I have switched from winter gloves to summer ones. The result is sore hands.
Any opinions?

Just a little food for thought. If your gloves are thin enough that the hard rubber of the grips is causing discomfort....... what would the pavement feel like?

A thicker palmed pair of summer gloves might be another way to deal with this.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
A thanks for the comments.

A couple of things though.

1. I never think about what the pavement would feel like. Not something I talk about either.

2. My mates have the same pact. We kinda end our emails with 'stay upright bro' etc

Thanks,
Rumps

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A thanks for the comments.

A couple of things though.

1. I never think about what the pavement would feel like. Not something I talk about either.

2. My mates have the same pact. We kinda end our emails with 'stay upright bro' etc

Thanks,
Rumps

It's good to keep negative thoughts out, but you have to be realistic. There is absolutely no way to be 100% sure you will not crash. So as RJ2112 stated, perhaps it's a good idea to look into different gloves. At least compare yours to other ones and see how much more material there is on palms.
And yeah.. stock grips are brutally hard. They never hurt me, but they didn't do anything to soak up any vibration, so I replaced them with Oury road grips (possibly THE softest and most vibration absorbing grips out there)

19789d1247953284-renthal-handlebar-hvmp-bar-ends-oury-grips-bar1.jpg

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
By all means. Rumps.... stay upright. If you can be completely sure of that, all safety gear concerns are taken care of. :) <stepping on soap box>

I can tell you from personal experience that cordoury(sp) pants, and a tee shirt are not very effective at avoiding road rash. Sneakers, either.

My summer weight gloves? Same ones I wear 3/4 of the year.....leather over the wrist gauntlets, with insulation, and doubled leather in the palms. There's no way I could pick up a coin off the street in them.... I'd never feel it. I'm okay with that.

That pair, the armored jacket, FF helmet, steel toed over the ankle boots, and blue jeans kept the injuries on my next crash limited to 3 broken ribs, and a seperated sholder. Had a bruise on the inside of my knee the size of a dinner plate from the 'pod' running my leg over as the bike slid through.

No abrasions at all. Scuffed up helmet (retired). The rest of the gear still sees daily use.

Deep winter, I switch to ski mobile gloves. Not as protective.... but so much warmer, I am willing to accept the compromise.

The absolute best piece of safety gear any rider has, sits at the top of their neck... roughly 7lbs of fat in a convenient carrying case. The better we use that, the less need there is to test all of the 'back up' systems.

By all means, stay upright, my friend. .02

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
It may not be the hardness of the grips that is causing your hands to hurt but the size of the grips. For me the grips were too small and caused my hands to cramp after too long of a time even with a loose grip. I installed grip puppies which made them fatter and that helped relieve the problem.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
I slipped on a set of "Grip Puppies" over the stock grips and they helped snuff out a lot of the vibes. I tried going with the bare stock grips, but they are a bit too small in diameter and really did nothing to help the buzz at highway speeds.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site