fazer for a beginner, but what about the twitchy brakes/accelerator?

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
My first big bike after a DAS course as well. It's a lot of power for a first bike but it is also quite forgiving of beginner errors. No need to restrict it - you just need to treat it with respect for what it can do. The throttle's alright, not that twitchy. Clutch is a bit heavy compared to some. And yes, the rear brake locks up easily, so stay off it other than at slow speed.

I think it's a great first big bike, assuming you are a sensible and level-headed sort of rider. I was erring on the side of caution initially and looking at a CB500. I'm glad I didn't get it - it would have bored me senseless compared to this thing.

wolfrace999

Reaction score
Visit site
if anyone wants a restrictor kit i'm selling mine i had to make it 33bhp

if your interested PM me as i can't get to sign in often but can check my emails at work

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't found the brakes to be twitchy, infact I'd argue it is somewhat the opposite. More than once I've found myself wishing for more STOP and less dive when I'm really on the front brakes.

The throttle is a little twitchy when your going slow but I haven't found it to be a problem as far as saftey, more of just a "it would be nice if it was smoother" type of thing.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Steel braided brake line for the brakes.

Calm and gentle attitude and plenty of planning your path to manage the power and the throttle.

It is the bike I started on. It will get you in trouble if you want to get into trouble. But it doesn't have to go that way.

Just be careful in low gears and low/mid-range RPMs as that is where the on-off nature of the power can be a bit dicey if you are not prepared for it. But it's not that bad.