Favorite Cars?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive looked around, and im kind of surprised that there is no "what's your favorite car" thread on the forum.

So, anyway, im gonna change up the question a little:

What is your favorite EVERYDAY CAR. And before somebody says "I'd drive a Ferrari 458 everyday," what I mean is a car you'd be willing to drive, service, pay for gas in, and have to live with in an everyday kind of situation (kids, work, groceries, fuel econ, etc.) something you'd be comfortable to drive everyday for 5-10 years.

I have a short list:

Volvo C30
Saab 9-3 sedan (03-11)
Toyota MR2 (92-99)
BMW 3-series Wagon (99-04)

And I'll always have a soft spot for Volvo 240s because I drive a '92 wagon, and I love my car.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For everyday driving I have this.... :thumbup:

used-2005-hyundai-tucson-truck-5771-2490089-1-400.jpg

What I am soon to purchase is this.... :D

Important-Features-Of-2012-Hyundai-i30.jpg

What I really want is this.... :drool:

XR8_2b_m_m.jpg

And what I really dream of EVERYDAY is this.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

porsche-gt2-06.jpg

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a 76 camaro loved spinning those back wheels till it came time to replace :(

Now I have a 99 Sierra 1500 4x4 so I can spin all 4 35" tires looks cool hahah

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
well i have a bike for everyday driving a truck (2006 chevy 3500hd) for everything else so the only thing left would be my dream car...

a 1970 chevrolet chevelle ss 454 in tuxedo black with the original LS6 and a Muncie M22 Rock Crusher 4spd

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
my dream car was actually just sold in favor for the next pic...its wayyy slower but a ton more practical and just comfy....but every day I still ride my bike, although its great to bang thru the gears on occasion. :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My favorite everyday car IS my everyday car:

DSC_0070.jpg

2001 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible, about 110,000 miles. I've driven Saabs since I turned 25. Great for us tall folk, best seats in the business, good gas mileage but blows away the low-riders should I choose (but I never do that of course), and unique enough to be fun.

I'm in an uncomfortable place right now. GM (Saab's "owners") let the marque die on the vine, despite offers to buy it from a couple overseas buyers. The SLC dealership told me they won't sell as they want to retain certain technologies :confused: but, because the bankruptcy negotiations are still ongoing, spare parts are still not being made. A few months ago my ignition module went out, and supposedly I got the last one in the country installed! So, I'm one failure away from having it idled.

I still have the bike and a truck, so I won't be stranded, but its still an "uneasy" feeling... :(

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my Saab, a 2000 Viggen. Thanks to some fairly serious mods, it puts about 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft on the wheels. It's actually pretty docile at moderate throttle openings, but it can also be pretty dramatic.

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I love my current '07 Hyundai Sonata (roomy, comfortable, reliable), here are the cars I would consider to replace it if I happened to wreck it:
1) Hyundai Sonata (LOVE the styling of the new ones)
2) Ford Fusion (LOVE the handling)
3) Honda Accord coupe (sedan too ugly)
4) Honda CRV (only wish it were offered w/ manual tranny)
5) VW Passat TDI (LOVE the fuel mileage)

The Honda Ridgeline would be in the top 5 if it got over 20 MPG & cost less than $30k+. I wish we could get more 50+ MPG small diesels in the US like they have in Europe. They stick us with the stupid hybrids with the $10,000 batteries.

Last edited:

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
If I were to replace my Saab, I'd be thinking of a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Hyundai Genesis coupe. I like the Turbo Sonatas quite a bit too, but they are bigger than what I'm used to.

My dream car: a CTS-V wagon. I will probably never own one, because I have a hard time spending that much money on a car.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If I were to replace my Saab, I'd be thinking of a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Hyundai Genesis coupe. I like the Turbo Sonatas quite a bit too, but they are bigger than what I'm used to.

My dream car: a CTS-V wagon. I will probably never own one, because I have a hard time spending that much money on a car.

my buddy had one of the 1st MS3's and HOLY HELL that was one hot little 4banger! the tq was ungodly but hardly any tq steer, he could litterally burnout all the way through 3rd. it was a great little car handled incredible too, the most rear wheel drive feeling fwd car ive ever had a chance to drive. his only complaint was how bad the traction control was, it could be turned off but with it on it was impossible to go wot in 1st or 2nd gear with out it cutting the fuel and trying to drive it in the rain was a complete joke with the tc on.

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
This was one of my favorite cars till I had to get rid of it, would love to get another one. Fast, comfortable and most people had no idea how fast they were. And no, it is not a Monte Carlo. It is the 1987 Buick Grand National

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
This was one of my favorite cars till I had to get rid of it, would love to get another one. Fast, comfortable and most people had no idea how fast they were. And no, it is not a Monte Carlo. It is the 1987 Buick Grand National

those are some bad arse cars!!! They were actually the worlds fastest (or quickest cant remember 100%) production car at the time

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
those are some bad arse cars!!! They were actually the worlds fastest (or quickest cant remember 100%) production car at the time

Up until 1990 when the ZR1 Vette came out, it was the fastest U.S. production car. Not too shabby for a big family car.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Cars actually owned or planning to own soon would definitely be at the top of my list. Issue is, they are very different animals, but ultimately all very fun to drive but comfortable enough for daily drivers. #4 is my next purchase as I'm expecting to be a father in February, so I need 4 doors and enough trunk space for baby gear.

1) E46 M3 Convertible
bmw_m3_conv_06_05.jpg

2) E90 M3 Coupe
1702720240145933715.jpg

3) Acura RSX type S
2-2009-acura-rsx-photos2.jpg

4) 2013 Subaru WRX (not STi)
2011-subaru-impreza-wrx-5-door-photo-358865-s-1280x782.jpg

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my favorite everyday car (And I do try to drive it every day!) Good choice, rsw81, you're going to love it!!

Thanks Sham. I love that shade of blue, but after having my Acura that color, it attracted way too many cops and showed rock chips so easily. I'm staying with Graphite grey on the Subie.