Favorite assignment/TDY/PCS/whatever

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering which excursion you enjoyed the most during your military career. So far my favorite has been Antarctica. Strange, I know, but there's a rythm and a lifestyle you get into that I really enjoyed. Plus the scenery was awesome and I got to take leave-en-route in New Zealand :D

hamslice01

Reaction score
Visit site
my favorite was medic school ft sam houston, san antonio tx. all we did was party and i met some of the greatest medics anyone could ask for:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like Romania, very beautiful place. We were right near the Black Sea.

I also like going to Boise, Idaho, Gowen Field. Gotta love a city with something like 5 womens colleges! Humpin' Hanna's and Shorties!

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like Romania, very beautiful place. We were right near the Black Sea.

I also like going to Boise, Idaho, Gowen Field. Gotta love a city with something like 5 womens colleges! Humpin' Hanna's and Shorties!

We do JAATTs (Joint Army Air Tactics Training or some **** like that) up in Salt Lake City. Those Mormon girls sure like to have some fun after the sun goes down.

Japan!:Flash:

Japan in #1 on my wishlist. Where were you? Okinawa?

Chaching

Reaction score
Visit site
Ellsworth AFB (South Dakota).....-60 degrees windchill.....NOT!

For real....Nellis AFB. Still call Las Vegas home after 20 years.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Pensacola Fl was nice when I was there. Yuma Az was a fun short stop, but way too many bars to stay sober for very long.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a couple hours north of me and only NOW I learn of this?!?!?! Gaaahhh!!!

(ah well, they'd all call me "sir" anyway... :( )

My best assignment was as a Nuclear Surety engineer, Kirtland AFB Albuquerque NM. There were ten of us engineers, nine EEs and me the only ME, so I actually got to work on all the programs, including three black-world systems. Was TDY at least every other week, home on the weekends to play music, ski, date, or photograph. Probably the best job I'll ever have. :thumbup:

Best TDYs (I went there twice) was to Marconi Electronics in Chatham-Gillingham, England. Was there two weeks each time, and I just fell in love with the place. Weather was great both times (!!), girls was sweet, food was great (once we kept hitting the pubs with the French chefs; sorry my British friends!) and there was always something neat to do within easy driving distance (Stonehenge, the Grand Prix, Wimbledon, jousting, airshows, London, Dover, on and on and on...).

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
Bad Toelz Germany and Stuttgart Germany. I loved both times I was there and I would go back in a heartbeat! Riding over there was awesome, they have some killer tracks, back roads rock and the Autobahn well it is the Autobahn! BTW.... the speeding cameras can't see your plates when you are on one wheel!!!

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
San Diego, followed by Sasebo Japan, Seattle then Singapore. I try to forget about the other places I've been to.