Fatter rear tire?

Your roomates must be cool as hell!! Mine insist on furniture and a tV in the living room. I would gladly turn it into a bike shed if I could:thumbup:

There is a 07 Gsxr 600 in the other bed room, lol.

We arent leaving our bikes out side in the parking lot... not in Charlotte.

That and the place is pretty empty right now because we are curently moving out of that crap hole to a house down the road a bit.

-bryan

I would have to get a different engine mangement system to handle it. Probably a megasquirt or something along those lines. The stock system I doubt would even come close to handling the fuel load it needs. That and the bank fire injector set up would have to go to sequential.

Sequential injection isn't needed. Its main advantage is a smoother idle. When you're on boost, the injectors are delivering enough fuel that they'll be open longer than the intake valves are open. So it's really unnecessary.

Give this a read, it covers the subject quite well.
MegaSquirt® FAQ Main Page

As for swapping ECU's, the Megasquirt is good, but I wonder if you couldn't get the needed results with a Power Commander.

Fred

A softer tire will give you WAY MORE traction than a bigger one.

And speaking of that i have the brand new Dunlop Roadsmart Dual Compound Tire and it is awesome! Very soft on the sides and harder in the middle! Grips better than the stock Dunlop (D252 i think?) and compared to the Dunlop Qualif's (have a few buddies that have them on R6 & R1) its slighty more sticky. Anyone else try these?

http://www.gwocgb.co.uk/documents/tgw_mc-tyres.pdf

Here is a nice article on tires.

It gets into fitting a tire that is reccomended for a larger width wheel on to a smaller width wheel.

It discusses canterlevering of the bead and sidewall and flex at lean. Its a long read.

I am not knocking anybody, just tossing the info out. The minimum design width for for a 190/50 or 55 R17 tire is a 6" wheel. The largest tire designed for our wheels at 5.5" is a 180/55R17. Its very close and will probley be fine. Thats just the way they are designed.

Sequential injection isn't needed. Its main advantage is a smoother idle. When you're on boost, the injectors are delivering enough fuel that they'll be open longer than the intake valves are open. So it's really unnecessary.

Give this a read, it covers the subject quite well.
MegaSquirt® FAQ Main Page

As for swapping ECU's, the Megasquirt is good, but I wonder if you couldn't get the needed results with a Power Commander.

Fred

The only problem with the powercommander is that you cant tune while the motor is running if I am not mistaken. I.E. no tuning in real time. It is a hassle having to turn the motor off and messing the ECU, firing it back up and to shut if off to adjust something else.

Thanks wrightme for the post. I will be sure to give that a read.

-bryan

I got a nail in my rear tire and went to the closest bike dealer I could find which was a Honda - Kawasaki dealer. I was hoping they would have a D252 so I wouldn't have to replace the front to keep the pair matched. The only tires they had for the rear in stock were 190/50-17's. This one was $380, that one was $320 and so on. I turned around and they had Pirelli Diablo Rosso pairs that was a 190/50-17 and a 120/70-17 for $265 (plus mounting and balancing charges) so I bought them. I would have hoped to go with a 180, but the 190 seems to ride much the same as it did with the 180 on it. I've only put 1100 miles on the bike (on the D252's) so I experience is limited, but I like the new tires so far. Plus the 190/50 fits well (nothing is rubbing) and the bike feels pretty much as it did before. Maybe I will feel a difference once they get scrubbed in and I beat on them a bit.

Back