Fastest Indian...

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
On a recent holiday to New Zealand the wife and I ended up at Invercargill at the south end of the south island. Housed in the back end of the local hardware store is the legenary Herbert Munro's Indian motor cycle. Hope you enjoy the pics.....:thumbup:

We didn't plan to get that far south, but bad weather changed our itinerary. Was worth the visit. Even the wife was pleased seeing the bike.

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that movie for the first time about 3 months ago. It was great! :thumbup:

Nope can't imagine breaking the record on that thing.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
It's the only movie I've been to with four other adult guys and no women. Good flick, kind of wild that the bike is in a hardware store but when you think about what a great man place for display. Thanks for the pics!

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been there :D . But the bike was in Invercargill museum when I saw it.

These two old Kiwi guys were looking at it, and asked me if I'd seen the movie. "It's a good clean fullum," one says. "No six or drugs, just a good clean fullum."

Ah bless ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Movie, Amazing Motorbike, and as for the man himself, Bert Munro...he like the other great Kiwi engineering genius, John Britten, will be remembered forever for their crazy ar$e idea's that worked!!!

Cheers for sharing, nice pics!

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
There was drugs too actually, remember he put them into his bike to make it go faster!!!!
Damnit theres nothing sacred anymore even the bike was addicted to drugs!

Was an extremely good movie though, quite touching, and I know everyone in my family really enjoyed it. Sounds like it would be worth a visit!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics. I bet you had a great time in kiwi land.

Mike loves this movie. I won't watch it because Anthony Hopkins does the worst kiwi accent ever :rof:

Maybe one day I'll watch it.

Maybe one day I'll see the Mad Max movies too, but I doubt that too ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics. I bet you had a great time in kiwi land.

Mike loves this movie. I won't watch it because Anthony Hopkins does the worst kiwi accent ever :rof:

Maybe one day I'll watch it.

Maybe one day I'll see the Mad Max movies too, but I doubt that too ;)

It is a really great movie, even if you were not into bikes, you would enjoy it...real feelgood story!

Just got it on Blu-Ray recently....i highly recommend watching it on Blu-ray with the sound turned right up on the ol surround system, for the bike scenes...

Sounds and looks glorious!

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a really great movie, even if you were not into bikes, you would enjoy it...real feelgood story!

Just got it on Blu-Ray recently....i highly recommend watching it on Blu-ray with the sound turned right up on the ol surround system, for the bike scenes...

Sounds and looks glorious!

:rockon:

The opening scene across the beach :eek: turned right up LOUD in surround sound is worth any dodgey Kiwi accent Kaz :thumbup: Please watch it , watch it once & you watch it over & over & over again..... I reckon i've seen it easy 30 times :D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The opening scene across the beach :eek: turned right up LOUD in surround sound is worth any dodgey Kiwi accent Kaz :thumbup: Please watch it , watch it once & you watch it over & over & over again..... I reckon i've seen it easy 30 times :D
Hmmm, now that Wolfman mentioned surround sound, I think Mike wants to watch it again. I will TRY to sit through it. But he wouldn't sit through Twilight :spank:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, he made it about 1/4 way through too.

He hasn't seen Twilight: New Moon yet ( I have on DVD and Blu Ray :D)

Then, 2nd July, already have my ticket for Twilight: Eclipse.

I'm obsessed.............................

I've always had a thing for vampire movies.

Oh well, not really a rant is it. Back to the Monteiths Black ;)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure it classifies as an actual 'vampire' movie, most of the people who follow the genre would be shocked to even hear it in the same catagory.

Most men should easily be able to sit through either of the movies, its just like being stuck with a woman nagging about something for a good 2 hours, you just zone out till its over :D

I don't know what will be worse (one of my jobs is at a cinema) the next twihard film, or sex in the sluty, I mean city. :O

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure it classifies as an actual 'vampire' movie, most of the people who follow the genre would be shocked to even hear it in the same catagory.

Most men should easily be able to sit through either of the movies, its just like being stuck with a woman nagging about something for a good 2 hours, you just zone out till its over :D

I don't know what will be worse (one of my jobs is at a cinema) the next twihard film, or sex in the sluty, I mean city. :O

don't get me started on sluts in the city! Biggest pile of dribble ever dreamt up! And it's stupid plot lines make woman all think too much about their normal lives not being exciting enough...grrrr! Hate it!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sluts in the city?.... :spank: That's a bit harsh. If they were men, you'd be calling them studs :eek: (ok, they are kinda slutty, but in a modern woman kinda way?....)

And Twilight, yep, kinda is about vampires with a love story. Ancient vampire clans, werewolves. Just no coffins and bats.

Really, you should read all 4 books....... ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sluts in the city?.... :spank: That's a bit harsh. If they were men, you'd be calling them studs :eek: (ok, they are kinda slutty, but in a modern woman kinda way?....)

And Twilight, yep, kinda is about vampires with a love story. Ancient vampire clans, werewolves. Just no coffins and bats.

Really, you should read all 4 books....... ;)

Nup...don't think I am being harsh! If they were men, I wouldnt call them studs, I would call them "manwhores"!

Both are pretty revolting!

Twilight is the Calvin Klein of Vampire Movies!

Last edited: