Falling a sleep

kvanek

Reaction score
Visit site
If I ride more than 30 min my "junk" gets numb/falls a sleep.
As you all know this is not a nice condition.
The way I see it is I am apparently sitting on a nerve of some sort that runs into my groin area.
Will some handlebar risers fix this to take some pressure off whatever is being pinched? I also occasionally have this problem on a bicycle.
Is there a fix for this?

btw it is a 2009 FZ6

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Believe it or not if you have a lot of hair in that area shaving off most of it will leave a lot more room for your junk. Are you sitting right against the tank? Moving the bars up and back a bit will help and give you more room to move around on the seat. Changing the style of underwear might help. Just a few ideas. Hope you find a solution.

Jerry

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My buns usually fall asleep after a longer duration (3+ hours). But not always. Haven't experienced any other areas falling asleep. Try not to sit so close to the tank?

Vertigo

Reaction score
Visit site
Have to agree with the others, it seems like you are sitting too close to the tank. I have an 09 as well and I have not experienced this, even on 2+ hour cruises. Had my butt fall asleep on long trips, but nothing else so far.

kvanek

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it the vibration off the tank or just pressure?
I dont know if I am up on that tank or not. I will have to pay attention to that.

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I would say sit a little further back from the tank as well. Scoot your butt up to the edge of the passenger seat ridge and go from there. I rode for over 5hrs two weekends ago and nothing fell asleep, just got a few leg cramps, and I'm 6'1" about 240lb so there plenty crammed onto the little FZ, haha.

discobiscuit

Reaction score
Visit site
Most people have to pay for that sort of thing, consider it a good thing!
All joking aside had the same issue today, I would have to agree that I was sitting too far forward and probably cut off circulation.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I ride more than 30 min my "junk" gets numb/falls a sleep.
As you all know this is not a nice condition.
The way I see it is I am apparently sitting on a nerve of some sort that runs into my groin area.
Will some handlebar risers fix this to take some pressure off whatever is being pinched? I also occasionally have this problem on a bicycle.
Is there a fix for this?

btw it is a 2009 FZ6
Funny, I don't have this problem

;)

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
It's all about the underwear. I've had this problem a few times couldn't figure out why until someone here mentioned the underwear thing on a old thread. Last sunday 4 hour ride and happy as a clam.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I stand up often on long rides. Especially when it's hot out and things are perspiring. I did two 250 mile rides last weekend. When I start off I make sure to position everything where it is most comfortable. I usually go about 50 miles without fidgeting. When I start to fidget, I stand up often. Lets some air move through your trousers and allows you to gently reposition the twig and berries into a comfortable position.

Also give some compression shorts a shot. I wear underarmour heat gear compression shorts. Keeps things in order and wicks the moisture away. Cotton boxers absorb moisture and can create a lot of irritation, which leads to a miserable ride.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my Gawd....this is one of the funniest threads in awhile! :rof:

Like Kazza I don't have this problem either! In fact, I don't mind the vibration at all....:innocent:

Last edited:

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my Gawd....this is one of the funniest threads in awhile! :rof:

Like Kazza I don't have this problem either! In fact, I don't mind the vibration at all....:innocent:

Shuddup it's not funny:D it's a serious issue, seriously:D

anyways for me the stock seat would cause my butt to get sore after 2 hours, but it all went away after I switched to the firmer R6r seat.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might try upping your fluid intake (h2o) and stretching to increase circulation. Both are a good thing so you have nothing to loose. . .

To me the stock FZ seat is inclined towards the tank, so when going down long step grades I have to grip the tank with my knees to stay put. But if you brake hard it can lead to a rack-N-stack; Not good :thumbdown:

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
Try to sit back, relax and move periodically to keep the blood circulation flowing

Under accel- or deceleration try, as stated above, to press your knees against the tank.

On long trips, I stretch my legs while riding, or stand up for a few seconds from time to time.

I wear cotton, tight boxer-shorts and am doing fine so far!

Oh, and I keep the grass mowed, too! (dunno if it helps though)