Failed my motorcycle test due to no front turn signals...

Lofty

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't really think I needed them, as there are plenty of older bikes without them.

Apparently if my bike is newer than 76 I need front turn signals, the guy would not accept arm signals as a replacement.

Cool.

Anyone have any turn signal options that don't suck for a naked bike? The search on this website doesn't work to well. What turn signals do you guys use?

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Im not too surprised there... Lol.

I have a set of flush mount signals I could part with.

What naked setup do you run?

Also what part of WI are you from?

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread needs some photos :D I just set my bike up as a naked (third time) and am currently searching for a new front turn signal solution. I'd like to go flush mount, but I have zero clue where to put the buggers.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread needs some photos :D I just set my bike up as a naked (third time) and am currently searching for a new front turn signal solution. I'd like to go flush mount, but I have zero clue where to put the buggers.

Did you try adding LED strips or LED strip blinkers to the sides of the radiator facing towards the front?
Something like these may be.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/motorcycle-led-light/led-light-on.jpg
LED Turn Signals - LED Lights - webBikeWorld

Or the actual/original way, India's Fazer 15 was setup, the Naked kit most of the guys from this forum imported from.
https://www.google.com/search?q=yam...xHhuVWg-M:&usg=__p_90sWWhiytOStfexXqDZ5QvyT0=

Here is a different one, with a little fly-screen and a small fairing.
http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/yamaha_fz-s_wallpaper.jpg

I can ask my friend's to ship it here if any of the guys from this forum needs the clamps which can hold both the headlight assembly and turn signals. I wonder why the kit you guys bought doesn't have such clamps.
Headlight Lamp Kit Set Assembly for Yamaha FZ6N Fazer FZ 6N 2007 2008 2009 2010 | eBay
Please explain me form the 5th image please.
Hope I was helpful.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's what I'm using now and they are great! Nice and bright! I got them at Cycle Gear

turn-signal-12-amber-leds-1-4w-2-95-inches-length-blk-visible-from-side2.jpg

Also you'll want to get an electronic flasher. It's plug and play and you don't have to play with resistors to get the right flash rate. This flasher work with any combo of directional lights so if you have some OEM and others LED the flash rate will be proper. Get it here for a great price! :) https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...versal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you try adding LED strips or LED strip blinkers to the sides of the radiator facing towards the front?
Something like these may be.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/motorcycle-led-light/led-light-on.jpg
LED Turn Signals - LED Lights - webBikeWorld

Or the actual/original way, India's Fazer 15 was setup, the Naked kit most of the guys from this forum imported from.
https://www.google.com/search?q=yam...xHhuVWg-M:&usg=__p_90sWWhiytOStfexXqDZ5QvyT0=

Here is a different one, with a little fly-screen and a small fairing.
http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/yamaha_fz-s_wallpaper.jpg

I can ask my friend's to ship it here if any of the guys from this forum needs the clamps which can hold both the headlight assembly and turn signals. I wonder why the kit you guys bought doesn't have such clamps.
Headlight Lamp Kit Set Assembly for Yamaha FZ6N Fazer FZ 6N 2007 2008 2009 2010 | eBay
Please explain me form the 5th image please.
Hope I was helpful.

The problem for me is I don't have anywhere to attach them too. Here's my bike currently. I don't have a kit designed for the fz6. I found most of those to be too budget and lacking in quality for my preferences.

I need to find some sort of bracket. There's a few for sale online but they all look cheap and that bothers me.

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I did my test a looooong time ago it was raining, my indicators used to work intermittently when they got wet.(1979 RD250)
Tester didnt care ,lol

Lofty

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah It was at the DMV.....

I'm not suprised, it was just a stupid thing, failing a test due to improper equipment. Yeah yeah yeah. Hand signals were not acceptable, as I thought they were.

I will read all your links more when i get off of work, thank you!

11412087_10153467059142556_3946130001800608086_o.jpg

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
The problem for me is I don't have anywhere to attach them too. Here's my bike currently. I don't have a kit designed for the fz6. I found most of those to be too budget and lacking in quality for my preferences.

I need to find some sort of bracket. There's a few for sale online but they all look cheap and that bothers me.

There are some sellers with OEM clamps which holds the headlights to the body, otherwise we can import them from India.
Please contact me or Rajesh (pulsar2) who I remember helping to import Naked conversion kits before (If I'm right about the name).

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple of options for you. One is simply a clamp that you can use to adapt almost any turn signal you want. The other is less conventional but it would be flush with your fork and keep everything clean. You can also buy mirrors or bar end with integrated turn signals. There are so many options on eBay...

mhRTKg2_dTnO4tQfuW1Q83Q.jpgmhIpFLmkjaiXmXAlQ2Wy6Tg.jpg

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah lots of options on eBay. They're all just so cheap! I want either something super discrete or something CNCed that matches the headlight bracket.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Marshfield, WI!

Then comes another question.. What will the DVM examiner make a stink over turn signals that arent really DOT approved?

I guess it depends on the examiner and how knowledgable with laws and how picky they are.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad turn signals don't come stock with audible also. I added a beeper (not very loud freeway speeds though). How many times have we seen motorcycles with operator error turn signals activated? Talk about dangerous....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad turn signals don't come stock with audible also. I added a beeper (not very loud freeway speeds though). How many times have we seen motorcycles with operator error turn signals activated? Talk about dangerous....

I did the same but at speed the beeper is worthless! :)