F/S: Givi V35 PLX Side Cases w/ Tubular Sidecase Rack

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sold!! (12-15-2012)

This system was removed from a 2007 model year FZ6. It looks as if the previous owner had laid the bike down on the left hand side, damaging the side case. The damage is relatively minimal and purely cosmetic; I tried to outline the extent in the photos below. Otherwise, the right-hand case and rack system are in excellent, full-functional condition. Photos of the rack will follow later this week as I am still removing the components.

*Mounting Note: If you do not have the Givi 351FZ Monorack Installed (Top Case Rack) the Givi 351KIT will be required to install (MSRP: $33.30)

Givi Side Cases:
Model: V35 PLX (Matte Black Covers)
Capacity: 32 Liters
Retail Price: $490.50

Givi Tubular Side Rack:
Model: PLX 360
Retail Price: $170.10

*Note: Price were taken from TwistedThrottle.com

Asking: $400.00 o.b.o + Shipping (Please contact me for shipping rates)

As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions; I will follow-up this evening with photos of the actual components.

Thank you for looking!

Scott
[email protected]

Right-Hand Case:
GiviSideCases004.jpg

GiviSideCases001.jpg

GiviSideCases002.jpg

Left-Hand Case:
GiviSideCases007.jpg

GiviSideCases008.jpg

GiviSideCases009.jpg

GiviSideCases010.jpg

GiviSideCases011.jpg

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a mod, but you should remove the OBO. its not allowed... good luck on the sale.. that is a KILLER DEAL for anyone!!!

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this ties into the factory fender right? I put on FZ6R's FE so I think I would need to put the original fender back on to use.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this ties into the factory fender right? I put on FZ6R's FE so I think I would need to put the original fender back on to use.

Or build some kind of support that connects the 2 halves together, effectively bypassing the support provided by the OEM fender. Perhaps a rod of some kind.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't suppose there is a simple fix to make the PLX360 fit an '06 which needs the PLX351 . . .

Joe

I honestly don't really know why these would not just bolt up to the 04'-06' model. The exhaust is the same for all model years which would likely utilize the same mounting points for the rack system. The lower mount point is the passenger peg which I beleive is in the same position on all models. May be worth giving it a shot??

I'm not a mod, but you should remove the OBO. its not allowed... good luck on the sale.. that is a KILLER DEAL for anyone!!!

I think the "offer" rule only applies if I did not have a fixed price indicated (i.e. saying that "It will go to the highest offer"); Mod's could you please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for the Bump!

The actual support rack is independent of the rear fender. The supports tie to the passenger pegs, a mount under the tail section, and a cross bar that goes under the fender. The indicator relocators attach to the stock fender but could be easily manipulated to work with other systems (Relatively)

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see the '06 bike with the V35 bags, but I don't see a reference to which tubular rack he used.

Joe

Good Call Joe!

I'm not sure if you have looked at the installation instructions but I have attached the link from Givi. Unless the placement of the passenger peg is different on the 06' and earlier models; I see no reason that these wouldn't bolt-up. Anyone want to be a guinea pig?:)

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/20936/0.0.1.man_plx360.pdf

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Good Call Joe!

I'm not sure if you have looked at the installation instructions but I have attached the link from Givi. Unless the placement of the passenger peg is different on the 06' and earlier models; I see no reason that these wouldn't bolt-up. Anyone want to be a guinea pig?:)

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/20936/0.0.1.man_plx360.pdf

I actually looked into this a couple weeks ago when I was looking into whether a 04-06 SW-motech rack would fit my 07. I took the pics of the mounted rack from twisted throttle, and scaled and overlayed them in photoshop. The passenger pegs on the 07+ are slightly lower and more forward.

TeacherJoe, hello from across town!