EXHAUST questions.. recommendations?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
akra dont seem to be popular? interested to know how loud is akra as compared to leos.. or how loud is yoshi compared to leos..
pipes legal in my country include akra, arrow, gianelli, gpr, leos, laser, yoshi.. i would love 2 bros but not legal here.. so which is the loudest amongst these (with db killer fitted assuming there's 1 for the pipe)?

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
akra dont seem to be popular? interested to know how loud is akra as compared to leos.. or how loud is yoshi compared to leos..
pipes legal in my country include akra, arrow, gianelli, gpr, leos, laser, yoshi.. i would love 2 bros but not legal here.. so which is the loudest amongst these (with db killer fitted assuming there's 1 for the pipe)?
I'm supposed to receive my akra's this week :cheer::cheer:
I'll try and do a sound recording as soon as they're on, but as far as I know, they are less loud as the two brothers, but the DB killer works perfectly,
if it's in the sound is deeper than stock, but if you live in europe, 'ze germans' won't be pulling you over because its loud.. If I'd get the two bro's I'd have to switch to stock every time I went into germany..

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah.. i know 2 bros are definitely loud. but since not illegal in my country, i wouldnt want to try my luck. pls do a good sound recording, would love to hear it. would be good if can record with and without db killers, stock exhaust and the same open space, probably just outside your garage. hehe.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Leo Vince are incredible. A great value as they include a cat eliminator pipe as standard.

Here's a video of mine with no db killer. The baffle cuts the sound down by quite a bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3-5sSqXhk]YouTube - FZ6 Flyby[/ame]

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i know leo vince pipes on fz6 are loud, but just that i dont really like the branding. (no offense, personal preference)
but of cos, if the sound is really that great on fz6 and much better than akra, i might just go for it. :)

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I received the Akra's yesterday, I'm gonna start replacing stock today, got my stone age Canon videocamera which has decent audio recording to make a clip.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm quite curious drinky!

I've had my Bos GT's for a couple of years now and I'm still happy with it, stock exhaust sounds so, well dull :D

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exhausts.mp3

Ok I had planned to make a little movie, but my sister helped, and she also filmed my license plate, and made noices (damnit)

So its an MP3, first the stock exhaust, then with dbkiller (and my sister going HMMMM as she got a full blow of exhaust fumes..) and last, and im sorry its so short, the akras without dbkiller.

It's a beautiful sound, nice and deep, but not too loud.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for recording the mp3.. cant wait to save up for 1 set myself..

It is not difficult to hear the real thing in Singapore.LV is the most common choice locally.I guess is due the pricing as compared to other brands like arrow or Akra.

Quapla'

PewPew Lazors!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Two Brothers sound awesome (only idle in this vid). Will post a Flyby vid as soon as i get a decent camera.

Stock
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFsfiOLDgqM]YouTube - Stock Exhaust Yamaha FZ6 S2 2007.mp4[/ame]

Two Brothers CF
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9cLqU3NwY]YouTube - Two Brothers CF Exhaust Yamaha FZ6 S2 2007.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:

fcukyeah

Reaction score
Visit site
:confused::hi i got a set of BOS pipes and they sound awesome ,there is a great utube vid just type (fz6 bos ) and you will find it

Last edited:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
It is not difficult to hear the real thing in Singapore.LV is the most common choice locally.I guess is due the pricing as compared to other brands like arrow or Akra.
heard the leos before but i did mention above.. for me, its kind of a brand preference going on (don't really like leo vince). and i always wanted to own akrapovic pipe..

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Akras, just REALLY expensive.