Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Danny,
Hope this helps!
35790d1305829643-scorpion-exhaust-instructions-parts-diagram-scorpion2.jpg

Here's the link where I found it. :) http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...rpion-exhaust-instructions-parts-diagram.html

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
take the seat off, side pods off, a couple of bolts on top and underneath hold the light assemble/bars bit on, you need to pull it apart slightly. The service manual will probably have more detailed instructions, it's quite easy though.

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
So I picked it up friday, looks brilliant, admittedly they are not the best looking exhausts for the fz6 but they were cheap and it its all about the sound,
And on my job and being a student im happy with just having a bike lol
Can't fit it tho because im waiting for a new exhaust clamp? T bolt? Or something it was seized right up! I'll have pictures up when its fitted :) and a before and after video hopefully :)

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Right guys the exhaust is on, after being cancelled at work cause of the snow
Fairly straight forward with instructions, but took two attempts because it wouldn't like up properly and the bit that goes In between thr exhausts and into the license plate was stretching.
Guys is it true you have to disconnect the battery now for it to like re calaborate?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Right guys the exhaust is on, after being cancelled at work cause of the snow
Fairly straight forward with instructions, but took two attempts because it wouldn't like up properly and the bit that goes In between thr exhausts and into the license plate was stretching.
Guys is it true you have to disconnect the battery now for it to like re calaborate?

You know we'll want to hear your new exhaust! :BLAA:

It is said the ECU has a volatile memory that learns the inputs from your bike and make small changes to the ECU map. This is why it's suggested to undo the battery to dump that volatile memory for a relearn. I've seen this on a few aftermarket exhaust company instructions which leads me to believe they've tested this and it's a good idea. I was messing with my ECU setting and fouled it up so bad my FZ6 would pop and belch black smoke when I tried starting it. I did the reset and all was well. Even if your bike is the S-1 series without an O2 sensor it's a good idea to reset. :)

Last edited:

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Brilliant advice!!
Yeah it is the s2 with the o2 sensor.
I'll disconnect it tomorrow for a few mins
I've riden it since and seems to run fine but ill do it anyway,
Oh dont worry ill get pics up tomorrow and a video hopefully or ill do it to YouTube and post a link thanks to everyone for thr advice cause im a right novice:rockon:

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
well its on..... horrible bastard lol. it was a pain in the ass to get everything aligned and for the mufflers to be symetrical. so heres some pictures
btw love the sound!!! i know its not the best looking exhausts but im happy, ill get a video up on you tube soon and get a link on this thread :) :rockon:
and yes i did it in my hall way mother was not happy:ban:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well its on..... horrible bastard lol. it was a pain in the ass to get everything aligned and for the mufflers to be symetrical. so heres some pictures
btw love the sound!!! i know its not the best looking exhausts but im happy, ill get a video up on you tube soon and get a link on this thread :) :rockon:

Those are the older style (which I prefer and tried to get when I ordered mine new). I think they look great! I know they sound great too!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

LOL!!! I do a lot of my work in my condo! I always put plastic and/or a vinyl tarp in case of an emergency but usually just to take my wheels off for new tires.

They look great! Is that Mom on her smartphone? I used to know a guy who had his VW bug engine propped on two chairs in his mother's kitchen. Oil on the floor!! :eek::shakehead:

:hug:Give your Mom a big hug for putting up with you! LOL! :hug:

And no, Don't show her how the new pipes sound in the house!

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Lmao!!! Imagine how loud that would be indoors!
Yeah thats mum, im only 21 before anyone says haha you live with your mum lol
Oh god she would kill me! I had to polish the floor after...:spank:

I need new tires soon :( so expensive here a price of a decent pair here is like 150-200 pound so like 250-300 dollers

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site

Yup. getting them aligned is a royal pain but once done they look the dogs, you tried them with the DB killers out yet???? as our american cousins would say "AWESOME!!!" :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup. getting them aligned is a royal pain but once done they look the dogs, you tried them with the DB killers out yet???? as our american cousins would say "AWESOME!!!" :)

+1 on the above, loose the DB killers if their in.

Its not super loud under 4,000 RPM's, after that, it sounds really, really good!