ewwwwww it's all wet :(

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't actually consider it a big deal. I enjoy the ride despite the wet pants ;)

I work nights and every time I leave for home, there's always a pretty thick layer of dew on my seat but seemingly nowhere else on the bike.

But I've got to wonder if anyone else deals with this and what do they do about it?

Is it just the stock seat?

Would lemon pledge solve this problem also?

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this issue mornings, I just wipe with a paper towel and go. I think that it has to with the dewpoint temp, but I'm not sure. I would be hesitant to spray anything on the seat. I don't think that it would help. You could try to cover the seat the night before with a plastic bag and see if that helps, GRUMPY

PlasticPig

Reaction score
Visit site
The seat must take longer to warm up in the mornings than the rest of the bike, that will be due to the insulating properties of the foam underneath it I guess.

Any type of polish would not be such a good idea in my opinion as that would just make the seat have a slippery surface, not good as that is where you need a stable contact point with the bike.

Paper towels or a rag work, when I was in England I used to have a small rag tucked under the seat which I would use to wipe it clear.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
The seat must take longer to warm up in the mornings than the rest of the bike, that will be due to the insulating properties of the foam underneath it I guess.

Any type of polish would not be such a good idea in my opinion as that would just make the seat have a slippery surface, not good as that is where you need a stable contact point with the bike.

Paper towels or a rag work, when I was in England I used to have a small rag tucked under the seat which I would use to wipe it clear.

rag idea fo sho :thumbup:

that way your able to wipe it down and not send all that paper towel to the land fill :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Take the seat in the office with you at night. Then it will be all dry and toasty warm on your butt to boot. LOL

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about a lightweight cover to toss over her? Cycle Gear sells a nice TrackGear brand one for about $29.95.

One the nights that I forget to cover the FZ I simply use an old towel to dry the bike off.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Take the seat in the office with you at night. Then it will be all dry and toasty warm on your butt to boot. LOL

LOL "butt to boot" bahahaha :rof:

thats too good

Wright made a funny :eek:

and of course, Hellgate likes to cover up his girls while hes not riding them :rolleyes: lol jk jk:D

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
every morning here.. I just use my arm (with my jacket on) to wipe it down, doesn't dry it but makes the water spread out so it's not puddled up...

I also wear pants, either my textile or leather so it doesn't bother me. I just dont want a lot of water there that might make my seat slippery.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I keep a small rag under the seat...not only for the seat, but for any other situation that may require a rag or wiping of hands too! If I use it to take off water, I'll leave it on the bike in the sun while i go in to work (you could take it in to the office). :thumbup: