Everstart Maxx Battery For FX6?

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure someones probably asked this in the past, but with the Wal-Mart Everstart Maxx ES12BS battery work in a 2007 FZ6? I need a new battery soon and these are only $50. But I haven't double checked measurements or anything yet... But if they don't fit their marketing is very deceiving because they have two FZ6's on the front of the box!

C

CombatPenguin

They have a little computer at walmart that will tell you which battery to get. Last time I looked they carried one that fits.

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I know what computer you're talking about. But all the ones I have tried never list my bike (2007 FZ6). If I remember correctly, it did say FZ6 but the year ranges was in the late 80's to mid 90's!?!

C

CombatPenguin

Yeah I just loked when I was there just now, my mistake it didn't list it. I can't find anything on google either.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I'm sure someones probably asked this in the past, but with the Wal-Mart Everstart Maxx ES12BS battery work in a 2007 FZ6? I need a new battery soon and these are only $50. But I haven't double checked measurements or anything yet... But if they don't fit their marketing is very deceiving because they have two FZ6's on the front of the box!

I poked around for 10 minutes trying to get anything to come up on anything relating to anything in the name and model number, and included searching WalMarts site.......

Couldn't find anything one way or the other. I think I would avoid that battery. As the OEM unit is a sealed AGM type, I would personally want to use an AGM type as the replacement. The older typical lead acid plate type would probably work; and is cheaper....... but why didn't Yamaha use that style if they could have?

The FZ6 battery placement is unusual compared to older designs.... the heat and vibration of sitting right on top of the cylinder head has got to degrade batteries more quickly than the more common under your arse location.

If you are willing to replace that battery more often than you probably would with an AGM unit, give it a shot. How much would you be saving?

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I'll probably just see if I can find a good price for a AWG online somewhere. I've heard good things about Yuasa, so if I went that route I'd be paying less than half of Wal-Marts costs. But I'll probably see if I can find an alternate brand, other than Yuasa, with a better price before buying one.