• M4

Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Cant decide between Leo vince and Scorpion.... Im looking for nice looking as Scorpions... but good,deep and not too much screaming sound as leo vince. Two bros would be perfect combo but they are just tooo expensive.

I have a pair of FZ6s. Red bike has a carbon fiber Leo Vince, Blue has stainless/chromed Scorpion, old style. The Leo Vince exhaust has the baffles installed, Scorp does not have baffles available.

W/ the baffles, the LeoV is about halfway between the Scorp and stock as far as volume goes. I love them and prefer them over the scorpions. That said, I get a ton of "That sounds sweet." comments on the scorps and almost none on the LV. I'd still trade the scorps for LV's w/ baffles if someone offered.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Stuck between leo vince and scorpion also... Just wondering that maybe people are saying that leo are better because of the decat pipe included? If i was to decat scorpion cans I bet it would be better?

I also presume the build quality of scorpions is better, from seeing my mates and hearing about trouble aligning leo vinces

I had no problems aligning the LV's. Helps to pull the rear wheel to install. I don't think it took me more than an hour and a half to install them and it was the first time I installed exhaust and the first time pulled the rear wheel off the bike.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
The Leo's are nice because you can always pull the db killers out for more of a hooligan sound. I am with you though I think the Leo's with db killers in are just the right balance of volume and exhaust note

scottm

Reaction score
Visit site
I have stock now, but I like the two bros w/ the eliminator kit. But I'm getting used to running quiet and stealthy. Cops can't hear you coming.:thumbup:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have stock now, but I like the two bros w/ the eliminator kit. But I'm getting used to running quiet and stealthy. Cops can't hear you coming.:thumbup:

Yea, but your denying yourself some pleasure - especially at 7000 rpm and above. :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd share an actual ride! Not just a mic 3 feet away doing static rev's

Audio only 2-Bro Exhaust note
Anyone wanting to know how the Two brothers Exhaust SOUNDS on an stock FZ6, this is it! Still has Pre-CAT and post CAT.
FZ62BroP1XTipsRip by FZ6-RippedMP3 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
~ 1:10 good pull up through 3 gears to ah - higher speeds
~ 5:30 is a pleasant double dip gear selection 4->3 ->2
~ 6:05 a sweeper, on it!!!
~ 7:45 launch through 3 gears, redline was close I suspect!!

- terrain is up hill, down hill, back road, country road, flat land and I chopped up the audio as there were some long straights in there.
- Audio is from Motorola Razr HD

====
16 min of FZ sounds to help you sleep! Its a lullaby!
VID 20131024(Chop1) by FZ6-RippedMP3 | Free Listening on SoundCloud now to get a real vid recorder!

Tag, FZ6 Two Brothers Slip on cans, Audio FZ6

EDIT: 2015-08 --> No Cats, S1 header on S2 chassis, Ignition Advance, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller and Z-AFM logger AFR @ 13.0:1
2015 - 07 - 12.MAP4at13.0AFR by FZ6-RippedMP3 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:

justaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you guys tried Amazon for your exhaust? I just bought a two brother delivered to the house for $515.00, not sure how much cheaper you can get than that. K&N air filter $31 delivered, Galfer stainless brake lines $43, frame sliders the good ones $21, PAZZO levers $114 all from amazon and cheaper than you can buy in the store. If you have amazon prime its free delivery.

Just sayin people, if you don't listen you need to be :spank: but some of you might enjoy it

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's completely and totally up to the individual on sound but I've heard a number of compliments on the Delkevic being too loud... any truth?

Delkevic silencers have "removable baffles" are the baffles DB killers or just part of the exhaust?

also,
justaguy,
can you post a link for the Two Brothers on Amazon for $515.00 delivered to your house? and do you know if they will fit 2006 FZ's ??

haraiianpunch

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been searching for months for a good deal on a tbr exhaust. Cheapest I saw was $624 on ebay...
Got a link!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juankfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
does anybody has information about GPR Ghost exhaust? are they really loud like scorpions? any idea about DB levels?

im planning to buy one because I think thats the only one I can use with my givi side cases.

FZSizzle

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's completely and totally up to the individual on sound but I've heard a number of compliments on the Delkevic being too loud... any truth?

Delkevic silencers have "removable baffles" are the baffles DB killers or just part of the exhaust?

also,

justaguy,

can you post a link for the Two Brothers on Amazon for $515.00 delivered to your house? and do you know if they will fit 2006 FZ's ??

I have also heard this, and it's actually keeping me from already having them. Can't find a vid on the sound of them. (May not be looking correctly) any direction to where I can find an answer would be most helpful. Thanks!

Love riding my FZ6!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a set from another member on the site and thaey are loud compared to stock. Yes they have a baffle you can take out but they'll be toooo loud for the street- my opinion!

I run with ear plugs for my commute as the sound is always at my butt, but when my son rides near me he says they are not too loud- his opinion!
they look ace!

have a look at this vid, its the only one I could find
http://youtu.be/8hvLtIzbOFQ

Last edited:

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
FZSizzle,

I pulled the trigger on a set Delkivics a few mouths ago. It was hard not too because of the price!

Here's my take on it - great price, fast shipping, easy to install, I'm not super crazy of how they look on my bike...
Yes the Delkivics are loud, even w/the baffles DB killers installed.. I'm also not super crazy with the sound. I've heard other FZ'6 that sound much better..

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a great exhaust system. My Yamaha RZ sounds awesome with pipes, I also road races cars for a couple of years and loved the sound..

not sure this helps, but good luck!
M

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
First off, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again “I know it's completely and totally up to the individual on sound” :thumbup: right or wrong here’s my fix for MY loud Delkevics

Yesterday, I pulled my Delkevic cans, as I looked down through the center I noticed roughly a 3-5mm gap around/between the baffle (DB killer) and the muffler itself allowing most of the exhaust air to go around the baffle and not through the center. So, I pulled out both baffles, machined two round discs, welded the disc on the baffles to force the exhaust through the center of the baffle to reduce the sound, reinstall the pipes.
It’s hard to say how many DB’s it dropped w/my mod but I enjoyed my ride to work today plus I really like the new sound. My FZ6 still has a nice deep throated sound and now I DON’T need earplugs!

My pipes may exploded after a few weeks! :eek: If so, I’ll reinstall my OEM stuff.
I edited the first picture with Paint software just to help explain my madness..
The second picture is a universal Db Killer I located on EBay.

Sorry about the crappy edited picture! :(

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the idea of forcing the exhaust through the baffle, I don't have access to welding gear so Ill have to find a way try this, but i think its a good idea