Euro 2008

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
I think Turkey will probably beat Croatia tomorrow. They are a very decisive and well disciplined team...

Thanks my Greek friend,,no matter what politics are fighting for between the two countries,,i think the civilian population is getting along just fine :thumbup:

I am curious about the Netherlands and Spain games,too
they will all be worth watching,,yay! :D
and wait for 2 more freaking years to be able to watch the World Cup 2010 :(

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks my Greek friend,,no matter what politics are fighting for between the two countries,,i think the civilian population is getting along just fine :thumbup:

I am curious about the Netherlands and Spain games,too
they will all be worth watching,,yay! :D
and wait for 2 more freaking years to be able to watch the World Cup 2010 :(

Sure. There is no problem between our civilian population. The way Holland is playing I believe they will win it. Spain was not very good with us. Even though we were awful. As for the world cup in two years, maybe we might be able to add that to our collection as well;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure. There is no problem between our civilian population. The way Holland is playing I believe they will win it. Spain was not very good with us. Even though we were awful. As for the world cup in two years, maybe we might be able to add that to our collection as well;)
Lads go to bed, we all know that history repeats itself, repeats itself, repeats itself, sorry my point exactly. When we failed to qualify for the Euros we went on to win the world cup. "Cum on ENGLAND"......................................I just had a strange dream..........

If you have missed any:

BBC iPlayer - Search results for 'Euro 2008'

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Another UNBELEIVEABLE! game from Turkey :cheer::cheer:

second semi-finalist Turkey will play with Germany
lets see who will be the next 2 semi-finalist....

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What an incredible match tonight. Croatia scored at the 119 minute and Turkey at the 122 minute at overtime. And then Turkey won at the penalties shootout. Incredible. Thats why I like the Turkish team so much. They never give up...Congrats to Turkey. Today is another big match Holland against Russia. Should be a good one...

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Incredibly Russia dominated the whole game,,,i knew that they are a good team but i thought tonight Netherlands would qualify..wow,,,Russia didnt give them many chances..i cant wait to watch the final of this great Euro08

who's going to be the 4th and last semi-finalist???? Italy or Spain ??

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Condolences to Cloggy

Holland lost to Russia in the Euro 2008 football championships last night so condolences go out to PseudoCloggy.

The Russian team are coached by a guy from Holland so I don`t think he will be going home any time soon.

Unlucky Martin, the score didn`t reflect the game and at least they did better than England.

Steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Condolences to Cloggy

Holland lost to Russia in the Euro 2008 football championships last night so condolences go out to PseudoCloggy.

The Russian team are coached by a guy from Holland so I don`t think he will be going home any time soon.

Unlucky Martin, the score didn`t reflect the game and at least they did better than England.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Sorry I moved your post to keep it in the right thread.
Bad luck Cloggy You should be proud of how your adopted country performed.

Nelly

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Condolences to Cloggy

Steve

There goes me free BBQ.

At least Holland had a chance.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all of your kind thoughts. I have been away for the weekend canoeing in Dinant, just got back. I watched the match in a Belgian bar, with lots of Dutch people, so there was plenty of atmosphere.
Anyway Holland couldn't seem to get into the game, Personally I thought Russia was definately the stronger team, but I believe that russia worked a very effective plan to close down the Dutch center which forced the Dutch into playing the long ball, which just isn't their style.
I now hope that Russia wins now as their coach is Guus Hidink, a very highly respected coach in Holland. I would also like to see Turkey do well too, but this is mainly because the people are generally very friendly (there is quite a large number of Turkish immigrants in Holland).

By the way Grommit you're very welcome to a BBQ anytime you come along :thumbup:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Sneakiest Goal Ever

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOdWgS2B4s"]YouTube - Gol de poveste[/ame]