error code

allnat21

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone ever had ER_1 come up on the display of their bike. I have an 04 FZ6 and it won't start up at all. I rode it last Tuesday and everything was fine.
Now I've got a beautiful Sunday to go riding and I can't :mad:

S

Shamus McFeeley

I think that is the fault code for when the ECU is not receiving a signal from the engine sensors. If everything was fine on your last ride, try to think what happened in between, did you wash the bike? Did it sit outside in the rain? Did you do any maintenance to it? The code is saying that the ECU is not receiving any signals, so you might try cleaning the connectors with some electrical contact cleaner. Crud can get in there from time to time, however the worse case scenario is that the ECU itself is the problem. I don't know the process, but you should be able to put your bike into the diagnostic mode to check for any additional fault codes.

Check all of your connections, for damaged pins and corrosion. That would be my first step.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Most owners who have reported this error code have found some sort of electrical connection problem or a discharged battery.

Start at the + battery terminal and work your way downstream. Solenoid, ECU, rectifier, etc. When you have finished, start at the - terminal and reverse the process.