entrance to the RC world

What should i get?

• Total voters

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to get a RC bike! I've allways wanted one but never found any for a decent price.

You can get some pretty strong servos these days, why not have a go at fitting them to your bike? hey if Mythbusters can R/C a full sized car...... :BLAA:

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
Planes and Helis are my other hobby! I like them both but the cool factor of a Heli is great, you can spend loads of money on them. My current heli ( a Mikado logo 600) all in cost just short of £1800. Start with a cheap one (say a blade msr) and make sure you like it before going big!

mduhon

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't gotten into planes or helies but have lots of experience with cars and lots of talking with the hobby shop. But I have been in the same boat as you for some time about what to move on to next.

I have a few suggestions from highly experienced people in both helicopters, planes, and cars. If you are willing to pay lots of money then get into the air, otherwise stay on the ground with cars :thumbup: With that said, I would suggest getting a small indoor helicopter four around 40 or 50 bucks and play with it for awhile. I had a venom heli for awhile but haven't used it for bit. It was a lot of fun while since you could run into the walls while practicing and not break anything.

There is one other way to figure it out that could really help you decide. There is a flight simulator game if you will, that allows you to choose from a wide variety of planes and helicopters ranging in all sizes. It has a full size controller that you plug into your computer that makes it feel very close to how it is in real life. It has training tutorials and different practice grounds to hone your skills while not destroying your new investment in the process. It costs just over $100 but compared to the rc device you would be buying and repairing, it is a lot cheaper. The software is called real flight. Here is their website RealFlight® R/C Flight Simulator - The most realistic recreation of R/C flight ever!™ it is very addicting and a lot of fun to use.

Hope this helps in your decision :D