Curse these RC Helicopters!!!

S

sportrider

first off, let me start this long winded speach by saying I'm sorry I've been neglecting my duties here on the forum. Lately all I've been doing is playing with my RC aircraft. the addiction started off like many do, "I've always wanted to try one of those"... 4 helicopters later and 1 plane I think its time to admit I've got a problem!!! the first one got the interest up, the second just plain sucked, the third was so easy to fly I got hooked, way not stop there??? glad you asked:). well you see, indoor flight became dull so I had to up the ante. the CX2 isn't exactly an outside helli, sure you can fly it there but the wind really beats it up. so back indoors we go. so now what? spot landings? tight spots? chasing the cats? yes, yes, and YES. so now what? I need a new challenge. I know, how about a full areobatic collective pitch Helli!!! first thoughts: geez this thing is nearly imposible to fly!!! I love it!!!it kinda goes like this; fly, crash...fly, crash, fly, crash....ect. so between heroing sorties with the CX2 and testing my abilities and patiance with the CP Pro, I needed something that I could fly outside and actually enjoy with out haveing to go to a hobby shop after every flight so I decided... I need a plane!!! ya, thats the ticket!!! welcome to the hanger to my new Super Cub!!! this thing is very enjoyable to fly. take off and lands under its own power. ahh ya, loops, tail slides, cork screws what a blast!!! beleive it or not somewhere in my Hanger(formerly known as a garage) there actually is an FZ6. it amazes me the things I get in to when it's too cold to ride. and well I'm going to need to get shoulder surgery before I start riding aggressive again anyways. it seems all those years of motocross are finally paying off. so until then the pace will be a lot slower, I don't want to risk a crash caused by a dislocated shoulder while hanging off the bike straiffing a corner. good thing the 6 is comfortable. oops gotta go the battery for the CP is charged!!!:thumbup:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome... How much was the blade CP? I bought a CX2 lol

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
RC is a blast Danny. I have more helicopters and airplanes that I can count. I don't really mess with the electric anymore. Once I went nitro I never looked back. I would suggest you get a flight sim, it will help you more than you can ever know. Have you visited Runryder.com yet?

S

sportrider

Awesome... How much was the blade CP? I bought a CX2 lol
the addiction begins!!! LOL $249.99 good luck!!! the CP Pro is the one I got. the CP is the intermediate Helli it goes for $219.99. I'll tell you right now they are totally different from the CX2

S

sportrider

RC is a blast Danny. I have more helicopters and airplanes that I can count. I don't really mess with the electric anymore. Once I went nitro I never looked back. I would suggest you get a flight sim, it will help you more than you can ever know. Have you visited Runryder.com yet?

not yet I've been using rcuniverse.com

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes the rc thing is like a drug. I'm real big into nitro truggy,s and buggys. But damn it is exspensive.

Yea, same there. I race 1/10th scale 2WD. I have a GT2 and love it, however all my buddies are racing XXX-T and T4's so they want me to go electric. With the new shop/track here in a charlotte (which I just got a job at) only allows electrics, its really tempting. However, I just love my gas :p

-bryan

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, same there. I race 1/10th scale 2WD. I have a GT2 and love it, however all my buddies are racing XXX-T and T4's so they want me to go electric. With the new shop/track here in a charlotte (which I just got a job at) only allows electrics, its really tempting. However, I just love my gas :p

-bryan

I use to have rc10gt with way to much money into it, and xxx-nt. I sold those and bought a savage and a 1/8 scale buggy. Now its even more exspensive. But damn do I love big block power. My neighbor runs a few electric cars and they are really fast, But I love the smell and sound of a nitro.:thumbup: