End of an era for Boneman

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Dave! Always loved that bike. Wait till you hear it with the right cans on it. V-4's are so good sounding!!!! I was also recently looking at the VFR. The braking system is pretty advanced compared to most any bike I've seen. They integrate the front and back brakes so that as you apply one brake the other brake is applied as well. Very good bike.
Best of wishes and hope your quickly on the mend!
Thought this was a cool pic.
Oh yeah....They haven't kick me off the forum yet! :rolleyes:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the new bike, Dave. I love it, a friend at work has one which is a couple of years older it's a sweet bike :thumbup:

Hope you're feeling better soon so you can ride that beauty before the weather sets in :rockon:.

Great to hear both you and your site are staying :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every cloud has a silver lining right? I'm glad to hear you got such a good payout from your insurance company, and what sounds like even a better deal on the VFR.

You're going to enjoy the bike, they're very nice. Just get some nice carbon cans and you're all set!

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the single side swingarm and the undertail exhaust.
FZ6 or VFR, I'm glad you are ok and willing to keep riding after the accident.
thank's for your website.

kwick

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi bone, i have a 2006 blue fz6 , and i might be interested in your seat cowl. What colour is it ? Also i m in victoria so it would be easy for a potential transaction.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Wow! It really is the end of an era, you were one of the first I turned to when I began modding my FZ. I am glad to hear that you are staying, will soon be riding again and got that great VFR. But seriously you could have found a less dramatic way to upgrade than scaring your family and us half to death :spank:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for keeping your site up. It is a major reference.

I'm glad to read you'll have a bike waiting for you- to heal faster!!!!!

Indeed, this forum is a BIG PLUS !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sweet looking bike.. and you got a hell of a deal.. and your planing on kicking around here still.. making the best out of a crappy situation.. congrats on the new bike man. :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about your bike mate. Importantly you are on the mend.
The Honda is a great bike. My old fella has one.
Good luck
Nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A sad day indeed...but your new choice of bike is a very good one...love the VFR800, very nice bike indeed.

As always, hope your mending quickly, and happy riding when youmanage to throw a leg over your new ride.

:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The circle of life extends to the bikes... Moving on is easy for some and very difficult for others. We all know how much you enjoyed and cared about the FZ6 and it is a tragic loss for such a customized bike. But, life goes on... Boneman heals... a new adventure begins.

You can't go wrong with the VFR. Solid and proven bike but totally different than the FZ6. I can't wait to hear your opinion and how you find this new ride different and exciting.

Congrats on the new ride but even more important, I sincerely hope you can heal enough to enjoy this before winter sets in and there are no days to ride left. Of course you are always 1000% welcome here! (I've not been booted either!)

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
The VFR is a very nice bike I hope like it.
I would consider one myself but, the Honda shops in my area are dangerous to deal with, IMHO.
Thankfully, their is a lone Yamaha dealer in my area.
Some Honda shops have developed the big head over the years and it is ruining customer relations.
Good luck and safe riding.

Oh yea, get well soon.

ps: I like the VFR "as is". Wouldn`t change a thing. Just properly maintain it and ride it.

Last edited:

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. Fz6 is my first bike and have only had it for about 6 months. I have found a lot of answers and help from your site and post. Good luck with the new bike and get well soon.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
That's horrible you lost the FZ6, especially after all that work on it! Must be weird not seeing your FZ in the stable any more. Glad your're ok though. I've learned a lot from your site and on here. A big THANK YOU for all that info!

At the end of the day, all that matters is that you get to keep riding! F what happens to the bike, as long as you get to walk away from it, recover, and keep on ridin'! :thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks everyone for your kind words, advice and well wishes.

I will deffinately post up my initial reviews of the VFR800 (and some pics!).