EMGO 3" pull back handlebar install

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After having the FZ1 bar for a few years the wife wanted something with less pull back. So I ordered a Black Emgo 3" pull back, no rise, flat bar. Basically a drag bar. (FZ1 bars have a 5" pull back) I also put on a new set of Progrip Soft Touch grips, and K&S Bar ends.

The switch housings on both side will make contact with the fuel tank so adjust them properly. It's close but they work without contact

Both the clutch lever and brake lever make contact with the front cowl, so I shortened them as you can see in the pics. I'll re-powder coat them later.

She likes the new bar, less pressure on the wrists and better riding position. So if she's happy, I'm happy! Woot! Now, more time spent riding then complaining.:thumbup:

AND, Yes I positioned the bars pointing down. That's how she wanted them.

Last edited:

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So much for less complaining?:( After riding with the EMGO bar for a bit, the vibration coming through was way too much. Obviously the vibes were due to the loss of the stock bar ends. So, I decided to put on a set of HVMP X-Heavy bar ends. They are a bit salty at $80 USD (includes shipping) but... I ordered plane stainless so I could powder coat them myself. Turned out pretty good. Hope they work as advertised!

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So much for less complaining?:( After riding with the EMGO bar for a bit, the vibration coming through was way too much. Obviously the vibes were due to the loss of the stock bar ends. So, I decided to put on a set of HVMP X-Heavy bar ends. They are a bit salty at $80 USD (includes shipping) but... I ordered plane stainless so I could powder coat them myself. Turned out pretty good. Hope they work as advertised!
I have those bar ends on my fz1 bars, love them! Would the levers clear if the bars were in the normal position?

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have those bar ends on my fz1 bars, love them! Would the levers clear if the bars were in the normal position?

Nope. No matter where I positioned the EMGO bar the levers will hit just before full lock. The EMGO bar "only" has 3" of pull back and no rise. The FZ1 bar has 5" of pull back which will clear the levers. Also I positioned the EMGO bar down to where it almost touches the tank, but that's a personal preference.

helmuth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi MotoJoe,

Are you interested in selling the original handlebar of your wife's FZ6...?
I am new to this site and do not know how to do things yet.... So, I hope to hear from you...(Yes or No).
Thank you very much,
Helmuth -

helmuth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bill,
I think I sent this message to another member... Oh well...
Here it is again:
Would you consider selling the original handlebar set from your wife's bike ?
I could sure use it.
Thank you,
Helmuth in Tucson, AZ.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi MotoJoe,

Are you interested in selling the original handlebar of your wife's FZ6...?
I am new to this site and do not know how to do things yet.... So, I hope to hear from you...(Yes or No).
Thank you very much,
Helmuth -
PM'd you about the bars.

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me see if I still have them. You are asking about the stock FZ6 bars correct?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2