? Electronic Cruise Control ?

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just on the FZ1 forum, and saw some murmurs about electronic cruise control. Is there an option for the FZ6?

I realize it would be ballistically expensive, but am interested to see one in action.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a company in Australia that makes cruise control for bikes, but it's not really electronic. It should work fine though. I priced it at around $1000 US, and a 2 person all-weekend job to get installed. WebBikeWorld.com did a review on it.

After all that, I decided that my $10 throttle lock wasn't so bad. I may even upgrade to the $25 version. ;)

EDIT: BTW the issue with electronic cruise controls on our bikes is that our throttle isn't electronic. If you had a '05 or newer Harley you could just drop a $250 box in and have cruise control. I think the '11 Honda VFR has electronic throttle. Maybe one of the Ducatis. Beyond that, not so much.

Last edited:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, I do see. I more meant automatic, but the FZ1 post said electronic so I kinda had it stuck in my head. Thanks :)

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of years ago I installed an Audiovox CCS-100 electronic cruise control on my '00 Road Star. It's a kit meant for a car, but I figured out how to retrofit it to my bike. I've been thinking about trying one on my FZ6. If I do, I'll be sure to write an article on here about it. Here's the article I wrote at RoadStarClinic.com: Re:Electronic Cruise Control - Road Star Forum - Yamaha Road Star

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a company in Australia that makes cruise control for bikes, but it's not really electronic. It should work fine though. I priced it at around $1000 US, and a 2 person all-weekend job to get installed. WebBikeWorld.com did a review on it.

After all that, I decided that my $10 throttle lock wasn't so bad. I may even upgrade to the $25 version. ;)

EDIT: BTW the issue with electronic cruise controls on our bikes is that our throttle isn't electronic. If you had a '05 or newer Harley you could just drop a $250 box in and have cruise control. I think the '11 Honda VFR has electronic throttle. Maybe one of the Ducatis. Beyond that, not so much.

They've been converting electronic cruise controls for the FJR (push/pull cable-same as the FZ) for years. Audiovox was a producer (a couple others, one was plug and play-designed for the bike, but very expensive). They just add a chain pull cable to throttle shaft (where the cables go to open and close the throttle plates). A vacuum canister is also part of the system and they were tapping into the speed sensor for input signals..

Last edited:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle cruise I think is who makes them, they are in Victoria. I have fitted a couple and helped fit a few aswell, let's just say not a fun job! Whole bike strip down on the fjr. They also make them fir atvs but as an electronic speed limiter. It all works just like a car one, get to speed hit set, speed up you can hold down accel and to slow hold down decel. Very weird to use the first few times but soon get used to it. Last time I looked they didn't make one for the fz6 but the last one I did (tdm900) looked like you could make it fit pretty easy.