ECU swap S1 S2 ?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With a bit of checking you could figure it out;
Compare ECU pin out knowing the O2 sensor and power are absent. If your bike is CA legal (sold there) it may also have controller for the charcoal canister.

Beyond those; verify the TPS, CPS, Injectors are the same PN (all sensors would be wise) but I fear the Instrument cluster is the show stopper but IDK!
Most of the rest of the stuff is go/nogo switches except the thermistors (compare PNs). I had the S2 pinout posted but its gone now after server swap.

What's the game plan? Why swap?

vb7prog

Reaction score
Visit site
An S2 looks like its available at a really good cost (broken), I have S1 working. The S2 claims to have "computer problem" doesn't run, I wanted to see if I could just plug and play my ECU to determine if that was the case or not ?

geo999

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

what about using an S2 ECU on an S1 bike ?

I've compared the electrical schematics S1 vs S2 and the only difference is the O2 sensor on the S2 + a different plug on the ECU.

My interest here is the benefit of the O2 sensor in making the engine run the correct fuel/air mixture.
My S1 bike runs with the instrument cluster disconnected and even heard that the S2 cluster it's compatible - might even do this for the benefit of analog rpm indicator.
Matching key and immobilizer with S2 ECU will be needed ... anything else ... besides adding the O2 sensor ?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

what about using an S2 ECU on an S1 bike ?

I've compared the electrical schematics S1 vs S2 and the only difference is the O2 sensor on the S2 + a different plug on the ECU.

My interest here is the benefit of the O2 sensor in making the engine run the correct fuel/air mixture.
My S1 bike runs with the instrument cluster disconnected and even heard that the S2 cluster it's compatible - might even do this for the benefit of analog rpm indicator.
Matching key and immobilizer with S2 ECU will be needed ... anything else ... besides adding the O2 sensor ?

Here in The Netherlands all S2 Fazer's have ABS as standard (software in the chip), I don't know if this might create any problems.

EDIT: The type number printed on the ECU should tell you if it has ABS software. I thought it was FUA0018 with ABS.

Last edited: