Ebay Rear Integrated LED Install HELP!

Massoodk

Reaction score
Visit site
So i went cheap and got it off ebay. No instructions of course so a "How To" would be greatly appreciated. The attached picture is what was included. What would be the cleanest install? Also, i've got the Two Brothers exhaust and am running the fender eliminator and rear signals they provide. Is there a way to keep my little rear signals and also hook up the Integrated Rear LED?

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ6-...gnal-Light-Clear-/380370677736#ht_3229wt_1123

Thanks,

Massood

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
I think you could use both turn signals. If I can se correct on your picture it looks like that the 2 yellow cables is for the turn signals (left and right). Just hook them up with the turn signal cables you have today. Just use the + wire and not the ground. I think the ground will come from the rear light. Use the red bits to hook on the turn cables you have today and you should have flashers on both the new rear light and your little flashers.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
If you connect the turn signal wires to the ones you already have they will both work.

Somewhere on this site there is a how to on how to install this light, but involved too much work for me so I bought the already assembled Motodynamic one.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you could use both turn signals. If I can se correct on your picture it looks like that the 2 yellow cables is for the turn signals (left and right). Just hook them up with the turn signal cables you have today. Just use the + wire and not the ground. I think the ground will come from the rear light. Use the red bits to hook on the turn cables you have today and you should have flashers on both the new rear light and your little flashers.

If you connect the turn signal wires to the ones you already have they will both work.

Yep, follow these two quotes. Not that hard once you get going. I used epoxy to glue the lense down. Otherwise it was way too loose and did not seem secure.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay cool thanks for the info. Although, what are the the white block things for?

Massood

Massood

Those white block things are ceramic resistors. They are used to create a load equal to the incandescent lamps that you may replace. They are installed between the black wire and the signal wire on each side. The stock flasher relay will either not work or flash at a rate that is not within the flash rate the law requires because the LEDs don't use as much current. You will have to figure out a place to mount them and keep them out of harms way as well as worry about the heat they produce. For about 20 dollars you can just buy an electronic relay. If you have a Cycle Gear store near you, they should have them. Or you can get them online Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

If you're keeping your original lamps attached you won't need those resistors or a different relay.
:D

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are using the integrated indicators AS WELL AS the stock indicator, you won't need the resistors as they are only needed to fool the relay if it just has low-load LED indicators only.

If you look at my site link in my signature below you can see how I installed the exact cheap tail-light you have. I made it more complicated than it needed to be though!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Please, please don't use the vampire taps! Those little red things are the devil. I hate seeing them used on cars, let alone on a bike, with no weather protection.

Crimped butt connectors. and heat shrink tubing FTW. +1 on Motogiro's replacement flasher suggestion instead of the resistors, it plugs right in. As said, you don't need it if you keep at least one pair of regular old incandescent bulbs... I replaced my signal bulbs with drop-in bulbs from superbrightleds.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! :thumbup: Thanks!

But you should have fired it up, just for the heck of it at the end of your video so we could hear those sweet Two Bros!

Massoodk

Reaction score
Visit site
Massood,

It turned out great! Good that you also kept your other directionals! :rockon:

Looking good! :thumbup: Thanks!

But you should have fired it up, just for the heck of it at the end of your video so we could hear those sweet Two Bros!

Thanks 2006! Ahh man, didn't even think of firing her up! Appreciate it Moto, yea I am better seen and didn't have to mess with resistors!

Massoodk

Reaction score
Visit site
So, now I'm on to some flush mounts for the front. I want to stick with the stock setup of having running lights. From what i understand, the Watsen's only have 2 wires, which means that an external relay must be installed as well. Furthermore, the Protons, have three wires, essentially ready to go with fully functioning signals and running lights?

Because i kept a pair of incandescent bulbs in the rear, do i have to worry about flash problems in the front? or is this taken care of by the rear incandescent bulbs?

Also, other than Watsen and Proton, does anyone recommend any others? I have done plenty of research and just can't seem to find any others.

Thanks,

Massood

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Flash rate will depend on load. I would just get an electronic flasher. They're economical.
As for loosing your front running lights with a 2 wire set up. You can buy a set of little relays that will run your front signal steady on and when the flasher operates it switches the directional on and off with the blink rate. One set of lights can due both functions.
Here's a link.:D Custom LED Magic Blinker Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Flash rate will depend on load. I would just get an electronic flasher. They're economical.
As for loosing your front running lights with a 2 wire set up. You can buy a set of little relays that will run your front signal steady on and when the flasher operates it switches the direction on and off with the blink rate. One set of lights can due both functions.
Here's a link.:D Custom LED Magic Blinker Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

I'm telling you, Motogiro (aka Cliff) is always spot on with his advice and help. That's why we have such a great forum! :rockon:

Cheers!

Massoodk

Reaction score
Visit site
As for loosing your front running lights with a 2 wire set up. You can buy a set of little relays that will run your front signal steady on and when the flasher operates it switches the directional on and off with the blink rate. One set of lights can due both functions.

Like such?
Custom LED Electronic Motorcycle Blinker Flasher Relay | eBay

So if i were to take the Proton Flush Mounts and just rewire straight up,plug in, no electronic flasher, would my flash rate be off?

Massoodk

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just installed some Proton Flushmounts in the front and my flash rate is off in the rear, but good in the front. Is the solution to this problem an electronic flasher as mentioned before? Also, which would you guys go with? Can i go pick one up at the local parts store?

thanks!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just installed some Proton Flushmounts in the front and my flash rate is off in the rear, but good in the front. Is the solution to this problem an electronic flasher as mentioned before? Also, which would you guys go with? Can i go pick one up at the local parts store?

thanks!

Your flash rate should be the same in the front and rear! :confused: Is the back incandescent thus lights slower that the LED?

LF1 S Flat $8.95

Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications