Ebay bar risers :thumbs up:

jdmlude

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5 7' and have to lean slightly forward to reach the bars. It's never put an ache in my back but after seeing everyone compliment the comfort after installing risers I decided to try a pair. At around 30 bucks I didn't have much to lose. The risers I purchased are 30mm up/20mm back. I'm extremely impressed. I no longer have to cant forward. I didn't think it'd make a huge difference but it really does. The clutch side control wires were extremely tight so I did have to reroute them behind (instead of in front) of the fork. And the front brake line was also tight. There's a bracket in between the forks that holds the brake line. I slide about 1/2 inch of slack to the top and all is good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ6...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_4064.JPG
IMG_4065.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried similar risers, subjectively it felt like I lost some of the front end feel so I uninstalled them after only ~50 miles.

Would love to hear your feedback/opinion after you put some miles on yours :thumbup:

jdmlude

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried similar risers, subjectively it felt like I lost some of the front end feel so I uninstalled them after only ~50 miles.

Would love to hear your feedback/opinion after you put some miles on yours :thumbup:

I already noticed that too. I think it's inherent in the riding position as you're moving away from the forks/tires. Stock definitely feels more sporty.

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer, I was hoping it was just me. It's weird, looking at other bikes with "sit up & beg" riding position (Tracer, Versys etc.) you never hear any complaints about the front end even though the forks are longer and the handlebars are higher up than on the FZ6.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the risers are an added, bolted on part giving the entire assembly more flex.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love mine, wouldn't keep the bike without em…

Had them on for about 20,000 miles. I don't (and never did) the lay down "thing", weight on your hands / wrists whenever in motion-NOT FUN..
Doing a "push up" the whole time your riding, no thank you...

No wind buffeting at all either sitting more upright (I'm 5' "8").

jdmlude

Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer, I was hoping it was just me. It's weird, looking at other bikes with "sit up & beg" riding position (Tracer, Versys etc.) you never hear any complaints about the front end even though the forks are longer and the handlebars are higher up than on the FZ6.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the risers are an added, bolted on part giving the entire assembly more flex.

I definitely don't feel any flex from the risers. I think if you're a rider who rides with your weight on the bars (push-up style w/ arms straight), you'll lose tons of road feel going to risers. I brace with my back and ride with a slight bend in my arms, which absorbs some feedback from the front end. The only situation where I notice a huge difference in road feel is trail braking or hard braking, when my arms are more straight and rigid. Another thing to consider is the location of the mass of your body after going to risers. It's going to take some weight off the front end.

zrexrich

Reaction score
Visit site
I too am 5' 7". With the bar risers and lowered foot pegs installed, my knees and back are happier. Only problem is now my butt wants a new seat :D

jdmlude

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I don't have a complaint about the seat. I think it's fairly comfortable. Ever ridden a Honda 600rr? Like sitting on a concrete.

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love mine, wouldn't keep the bike without em…

Had them on for about 20,000 miles. I don't (and never did) the lay down "thing", weight on your hands / wrists whenever in motion-NOT FUN..
Doing a "push up" the whole time your riding, no thank you...

No wind buffeting at all either sitting more upright (I'm 5' "8").

No wind buffeting, with the stock shield?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No wind buffeting, with the stock shield?

Beating around town, (up to 60 MPH, mostly under 50), no buffeting... I wear a 3/4 helmet with the snap on face shield which I don't think would make a difference..

It's rare I see the interstate but in "heavy traffic" on the interstate with "dirty air", yes they'd be buffeting..

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered these risers, last night. I was really surprised the link still worked.
I'm researching one of those clip / bolt on "spoilers" that attach to the stock windshield.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride to the store this am and purposely got up to 85MPH (in "clean air").

The way I sit (pretty much upright, slight lean, am 5'8" tall), the wind actually hits me just below
my chin, IE it misses my helmet altogether..

I suspect if you have a full face helmet, you'd be getting some buffeting in that area.

At 85, my helmet does get some buffeting, even with "clean air"...

Sooo, sitting more upright (over stock), my head/helmet is ABOVE where the wind mostly flows..

Being mostly warm/hot down here, the air is welcome hitting me in the chest and helping to cool at least a little..

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride to the store this am and purposely got up to 85MPH (in "clean air").

The way I sit (pretty much upright, slight lean, am 5'8" tall), the wind actually hits me just below
my chin, IE it misses my helmet altogether..

I suspect if you have a full face helmet, you'd be getting some buffeting in that area.

At 85, my helmet does get some buffeting, even with "clean air"...

Sooo, sitting more upright (over stock), my head/helmet is ABOVE where the wind mostly flows..

Being mostly warm/hot down here, the air is welcome hitting me in the chest and helping to cool at least a little..
Thanks for the report!
I am 5'8" so this really helps!

Japarley

Reaction score
Visit site
I also run with bar risers but these ...! they allow me to set the bars
forward or backwards and not just a set in one place
was a bit skeptical at first but just fitted them nipped up
sat on bike adjusted them to fit me perfectly tightened them up
,now after 3000 miles no wrist,arms or back problems their great ...!
i have broken my back twice, so before a ride of 30 mile tops
i was in alot of pain, now 100+ no problem
and only cost £10..00 free p/p
the best mod iv ever done...!!!!!!!!!!
have had a few comments like they might move forward under heavy braking ?so might the original bars ?
unless you tighten them really tight
iv sat on back seat a stamped on them as hard as i can pussing forward SOLID
i would have removed them if they had moved a fraction
i love them other FZ6 riders have tried and they like them
every one to their own !
im also 5 feet 8

Attachments

• s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 14
  • s-l160022.jpg
    s-l160022.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 16

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Received and mounted yesterday. I only had a chance to ride around a couple blocks, but I'm almost upright. Still a bit of weight on wrists.
Inexpensive experiment and only about a ten minute install. Cables had enough slack to accommodate the difference.
Raining now. Maybe be able to ride later today.
Thanks, for the tip!

Attachments

• rps20200620_104527.jpg
    rps20200620_104527.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 15
  • rps20200620_104550.jpg
    rps20200620_104550.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 15
  • rps20200620_104501.jpg
    rps20200620_104501.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15

Papacheeks

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5 7' and have to lean slightly forward to reach the bars. It's never put an ache in my back but after seeing everyone compliment the comfort after installing risers I decided to try a pair. At around 30 bucks I didn't have much to lose. The risers I purchased are 30mm up/20mm back. I'm extremely impressed. I no longer have to cant forward. I didn't think it'd make a huge difference but it really does. The clutch side control wires were extremely tight so I did have to reroute them behind (instead of in front) of the fork. And the front brake line was also tight. There's a bracket in between the forks that holds the brake line. I slide about 1/2 inch of slack to the top and all is good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ6-FAZER-HANDLEBAR-BAR-RISERS/262890691595?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

View attachment 69592
View attachment 69593
View attachment 69594

So you can use the OEM bar cover with the risers? I'm getting a giant part order ready on revzilla for risers, bar ends, new grips, tank pads, new tank bag, phone mount and new levers. Main thing was the handle bar risers. I have been searching and it lead me here multiple times so I joined the forum :).

I see lots of threads about swapping FZ1/FZ6R/FZ6 bars. For now since my 2007 FZ6 is 13-14 years old I want to try stock bars with risers. I love that Yamaha bar clamp. So trying that first with new bar ends to see if a 150+ mile trip will be fine with that setup. So far I've done 50+ miles and my wrist was numb because of position. I'm roughly 5"10-5"11 200+ pounds. I know this also isn't the thread for it, but I already have a small tank bag, like big enough for essentials(wallet,keys, small things). But does a larger tank bag make it harder for seeing your dash? Also goes with with the 30mm risers what will that do in terms of sight to front dash?

Glad to see lots of people who love these bikes.

I'll be honest I love old Honda's, but honestly after looking to buying a Super tenere, and putting money into my aging FZ6 I feel Yamaha as a motorcycle company is more exciting and takes more risk's in their changes of bikes. WHile honda seems to be more about the tech inside of them DCT, more robust dash's.