Alert Eanted, ECU for FZ6-S 2005

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sorry to hear that. I wish I could help, but I have a request. I am interested in digging into the ECU to see if improvements / repairs can made to the hardware.

When you successfully replace yours, could I get you to send me the malfunctioning unit. Of course I will pay for shipping.

What's wrong with yours?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure the pins on the ECU plug are all accounted for and clean..

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sorry to hear that. I wish I could help, but I have a request. I am interested in digging into the ECU to see if improvements / repairs can made to the hardware.

When you successfully replace yours, could I get you to send me the malfunctioning unit. Of course I will pay for shipping.

What's wrong with yours?
If I need to replace it I will no problem. I'm looking for a fix or even better to see if the USA unit will run on a UK bike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i just paid 250 for a used ECU for 09 fz6r, n I felt llike that was kinda steep from a motorcycle salvage place. How bout $160?
The FZ6r is a different bike from the FZ6 and even if the plug matches and the bike runs, in may not run the FZ6 to it potential performance. There is a 20 horse power difference between the FZ6 and FZ6r. Also there is a difference between Euro and US bike because of the immobilizer handshake needed for Euro ECUs. If both ECUs are mapped the same and pin-outs agree Then it will work great sans any difference to an immobilizer.

B.westend870

Reaction score
Visit site
I realize they are 2 entirely different bikes, with completely different programming. This ECU is from a 2005 FZ6n the naked model. I was referring to a whole different ECU I bought a couple weeks ago. I have 2 FZ6 '05s. And HAD an '09 fz6r. Anyways though.. Do you want the 2005 fz6 ECU?

Reaction score
Visit site
I realize they are 2 entirely different bikes, with completely different programming. This ECU is from a 2005 FZ6n the naked model. I was referring to a whole different ECU I bought a couple weeks ago. I have 2 FZ6 '05s. And HAD an '09 fz6r. Anyways though.. Do you want the 2005 fz6 ECU?

This was my post, apparently I already had a login before I started this one recently and it was still conected to my phone i guess.