E-Bay Levers

PipBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
So I ordered a set of levers off e-bay around February 15th. They were about $40. I got the shorty style.
They arrived today. It think the shipping time wasn't too bad considering they came from Hong Kong. I started with the clutch lever. That all went together fine. Took about 5 minutes. I took off the OE brake lever and discovered that the new one didn't fit at all. :( It was about twice as thick as the original. After comparing them side by side it's clear that it for the wrong model bike. I'm going to contact the seller and hopefully he can send a replacement. I hope i dont have to send them both back. I went out for a short ride with the new clutch lever and really like it alot!:rockon: Pull feels much lighter and shifting seems smoother. here's a couple pictures of the difference in the brake levers and the new clutch lever on my bike.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine off e-bay too, it took about two and a half weeks to get mine, I also got bar ends and grips from e-bay. I like e-bay but also it's kind of a pain in the butt bidding and then waiting and shipping costs and hoping you got the right one, I just wish I lived near a place where I can get stuff for my bike instead of relying on the internet.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer. Mine was off just ever so slightly. 5 minute filing job took care of it. Had them for a over a season now and still love'em.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My $4 ebay levers fit great and work awesome! good luck with the seller, I hope they take care of you on the swap out.

PipBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
The seller just got back to me. They said that they are going to send the pivot. (I assume the part that actually attaches to the bike.) And I just have to change out the old, wrong one with the new. Shouldn't be too hard. It's just a small nut and bolt. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some matching shorty levers.:Flash:

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site
The seller just got back to me. They said that they are going to send the pivot. (I assume the part that actually attaches to the bike.) And I just have to change out the old, wrong one with the new. Shouldn't be too hard. It's just a small nut and bolt. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some matching shorty levers.:Flash:
Good to hear that the seller actually responded. Let us know how that install goes. :thumbup:

S197

Reaction score
Visit site
So I ordered a set of levers off e-bay around February 15th. They were about $40. I got the shorty style.
They arrived today. It think the shipping time wasn't too bad considering they came from Hong Kong. I started with the clutch lever. That all went together fine. Took about 5 minutes. I took off the OE brake lever and discovered that the new one didn't fit at all. :( It was about twice as thick as the original. After comparing them side by side it's clear that it for the wrong model bike. I'm going to contact the seller and hopefully he can send a replacement. I hope i dont have to send them both back. I went out for a short ride with the new clutch lever and really like it alot!:rockon: Pull feels much lighter and shifting seems smoother. here's a couple pictures of the difference in the brake levers and the new clutch lever on my bike.

Same thing happened to me. Seller just shipped a new perch and I didn't have to return anything. Worst part was waiting the 2+ weeks over again just for one part.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Since I'm running out of mods to do on my FZ6, I'll probably grab a set of cheap levers this year.

I think I want the long/regular length is silver with black adjusters. If I had a newer FZ6 with the black frame, I'd go with black levers, but my "classic" 2004 likes silver bits added to it. :)