Dyno coming up

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a 07 with Leo Vince exhaust and a PCIII - I've never had it tuned on a dyno just downloaded a map from the web and hoped for the best. I've now moved to Colorado and the altitude change has the bike really rich so I made an appointment to get her tuned up. Really looking forward to having her run as best as she can. :thumbup:

LOL not Dino.... Dyno not sure why I can't edit that out... but yea Dino has nothing to do with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Dino coming up

Be aware the Mini-CATs in the header need to be compensated for. As in, there is no way to get a clean read of the burned fuel on the S2 header as there is no access before those bulges in the headers....
Talk with them so they fully understand the situation.

IMO because they are so small, i can't image they convert the gasses at the same efficiency from idle to 13k.... Meaning one offset value may not be a good choice for all loads imposed on the engine...

Mine has an S1 catless header so a wideband o2 sensor can feed AFR data to the logger...

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

@H8 PVMT
See post above

S1 ON THE LEFT - S2 ON THE RIGHT
IMG_20150111_131156_485_zpsu6fd6uuv.jpg

S2 PAN HAS A BUMP ADDED TO INTERFERE WITH DIRECT SWAP

IMG_20150111_133015_356_zpsrankzp0e.jpg

ADDED A BUNG FOR O2 SENSOR AND WELDED PAN UP SO I COULD GRIND THE BUMP OFF
IMG_20150114_182431_348_zpsmez30j0y.jpg

IMG_20150115_155652_568_zpsdbf51667.jpg

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

So what came of this?
Did you talk to them?

Also notice the S1 has a much smoother 90° bend... Helps ot flow better.

UpInTheAir89

Reaction score
Visit site

[MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] so if you got one of the Arrow de-cat'd midpipes would you have had to get the one for the S1 model (because you're using the S1 headers), or would getting rid of the oil pan bump make the Arrow's S2 midpipe work?

I ask because when I put the S1 headers on my '09 FZ6 with the S2 decat'd midpipe it didn't fit. If I didn't have to order another S1 midpipe it would be great.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

As you can see in the picture, the ends on my midpipe are oem. I welded in SS section and to answer your question, its the length of S1 midpipe as the section of the header after the 90° is longer on the S1 so the mid-pipe is shorter. Also the midpipe has no impact on header to oil pan clearance. You could simply install an S1 oil pan. Perhaps powder coat it black as the debris from the front tire will strip paint right off...
Perhaps a belly pan would be an alternate option if PC is not available.

Find a way to get that on there... Throttle response improves a good bit...

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site

So what came of this?
Did you talk to them?

Also notice the S1 has a much smoother 90° bend... Helps ot flow better.

I'm going in tomorrow to drop off the bike, I'll talk to him about the needs. I have the S2 headers, I went and checked after you posted this. Hopefully he's good enough where he knows how to manage this and get me the best results possible, if it takes getting new headers I can do that ;)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm going in tomorrow to drop off the bike, I'll talk to him about the needs. I have the S2 headers, I went and checked after you posted this. Hopefully he's good enough where he knows how to manage this and get me the best results possible, if it takes getting new headers I can do that ;)

So, What do you know?

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site

got the call today, bike is ready. He said that the top end was pretty good but the low end and mid section were horrible and that he believes I'll be very happy with the bike. Unfortunately it's snowing out and I can't get her yet. Maybe Saturday. I'll get more details once I pick it up, he told me what he did and where he made changes but it was all greek to me, all I wanted to hear how freakin' awesome it was going to be. :)

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site

Got the bike back. :thumbup: The good, it's smooth... really smooth. The bad, the power commander I have is the EX which is the California edition... it was great when I was at sea level but here in Denver, not so much. I need to get a new PC or a Bazzaz and the guy will redo the map for free so he can adjust the lower RPM and throttle %. I'm happy with the decision to get the dyne done, now I'm in the market for a different PC... lol more cash, no big deal right?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Got the bike back. :thumbup: The good, it's smooth... really smooth. The bad, the power commander I have is the EX which is the California edition... it was great when I was at sea level but here in Denver, not so much. I need to get a new PC or a Bazzaz and the guy will redo the map for free so he can adjust the lower RPM and throttle %. I'm happy with the decision to get the dyne done, now I'm in the market for a different PC... lol more cash, no big deal right?

Print out of tread mill results? AFR ####?