Dunlops, what am I doing wrong?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunlop Q3s?? How much tread is left on em?

Yeah, DQ3s. Center: 98% left. At the very edge: ~20%.. but if you get to that area on the street, you're doing it wrong Blah

Lots of people use track take-offs for the street. For mostly straight riding, it's *almost* new. I wouldn't hesitate to use them myself on the street for 2k miles or so, but FZ1 uses larger rear tire and my current Z8s are probably good for another 8k or so.

No pressure though.. I just want you to be safe and as you said, loads of people pointed out to you that your current ones are way past their prime.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, DQ3s. Center: 98% left. At the very edge: ~20%.. but if you get to that area on the street, you're doing it wrong Blah

Lots of people use track take-offs for the street. For mostly straight riding, it's *almost* new. I wouldn't hesitate to use them myself on the street for 2k miles or so, but FZ1 uses larger rear tire and my current Z8s are probably good for another 8k or so.

No pressure though.. I just want you to be safe and as you said, loads of people pointed out to you that your current ones are way past their prime.
Your points, there's logic in them....

Those look like super sport tires so I guess they'd have lesser life than ST tires but likely still on par with when my Battlaxes would wear out.

You said you'd just give em to me?? Would they fit? They're from your R6 I guess? (In which case, I thought the R6 had a narrower rear)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your points, there's logic in them....

Those look like super sport tires so I guess they'd have lesser life than ST tires but likely still on par with when my Battlaxes would wear out.

You said you'd just give em to me?? Would they fit? They're from your R6 I guess? (In which case, I thought the R6 had a narrower rear)

Major :hijack:
PM me :thumbup: