Dumped on the highway at rush hour

480x640-possible_repaint.jpg

that looks awesome!! I want it too!

Man, you're one tough bas@$%$! At that speed, even with ATGATT I'm sure I wouldn't have come out of it like you. Thanks for sharing this bad day with us and I'm glad you're mostly OK.

Man, you're one tough bas@$%$! At that speed, even with ATGATT I'm sure I wouldn't have come out of it like you. Thanks for sharing this bad day with us and I'm glad you're mostly OK.

Not that I don't want to be a tough bas@$%$, but it's not like I flew off the bike and hit pavement at 50. I was going around 50 but probably lost quite a bit of speed before I actually went down (I mean, I *was* trying to lose speed after all). I wasn't really watching the speedometer, though, so I have no idea how fast I was going when I hit.

Thanks for the good honest write up of what your thoughts are after the incident:thumbup:. Don't be too hard on yourself, as hindsight is a wonderful thing and a useful learning tool but can sometimes over simplify the actual event making you think you did worse than you really did. I've taken a good hard look at some of my practices after reading this:spank: and have added some things to do to my week end rides. My emergency braking I practice every night on the way home at one particular corner. I pull into the slip lane at fairly high speed and then make sure I keep the back wheel down, but not by too much:D. It's actually an extra bit of fun in an otherwise fairly boring commute.:rockon: But as you say some things are hard to practice without the real deal.
Cheers
Mike

Reminds me of a video I saw on one of those "most shocking" clip shows.
Some dumbass tries to change lanes without looking, and an SUV swerves to avoid hitting them, slides into the median the slides back and FLIPS OVER across the highway, of course the car that caused it kept going. An off duty cop witnessed the whole thing and stopped to help the flipped car. If only there had been two cops, one to anally rape the other car ;)

It's good to hear you and the bike came out mostly unscathed. I have some scratches on my fairing(courtesy of a guard rail) that I would like to paint over.

Back