Dumb But Obvious

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
If you intend to burn some car driver away from the traffic lights, It helps if you are in 1st gear and not 2nd.:tard:

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When parking the bike while it still running and closed to parked cars remember to put it in neutral before just releasing the clutch.:eek: GUILTY

F

formula154

If you make a ramp, to drive your bike in to a storage shed, out of two pieces of thin plywood, one on top of the other, screw,glue or nail them together. Otherwise when you give it the gas to get up the ramp, the top piece of plywood will shoot out from under the bike and you will fall down.

F

formula154

DON'T !!! back down a drive way that cars drag their bottoms on comming in. If you do, when the front wheel in on the drive and the back wheel is in the street your feet will be about 8 inches from the ground and you will drop your bike in the street in front of your girls house and feel like a fool. If it had been in first gear I think I could have saved it. I gave it the gas and popped the clutch but it was in 3 rd gear.

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're the first one waiting in the left turn lane at the stop light, make sure the old fart behind you scoots up so he's actually on the sensor or you'll be sitting there all day waiting for the arrow.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If its a SUPER windy day, take the cover off your bike. It acts like a parasail and dumps your bike over in the gravel.

CFPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're the first one waiting in the left turn lane at the stop light, make sure the old fart behind you scoots up so he's actually on the sensor or you'll be sitting there all day waiting for the arrow.

So true! this has happened to me so many times!!!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
1) When parking, shut the bike off first, before letting out the clutch. By doing so, you make sure that the bike won't try to launch out from under you because you forgot to either put the bike in neutral, or shut it off prior to letting go of the clutch lever.

2) It's much easier to ride the bike forward than try to sit on it and walk it backwards. Park in a manner in which you minimize the backwards movement and maximize the forward driving.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure to hit the kill switch on the bike next to you when the light turns green.:thumbup:

Doesnt really go with the thread.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Put both feet down when stopped. That way when you take off you dont weave all over the lane till you get up to speed. Dont say you are not weaving. It took me video taping a friend of mine before he believed me.

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
If your bike wont start, check some idiot hasn't flipped off the kill switch before you call a Breakdown Patrolman.
Yes, I have been called out to repair this a few times!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Put both feet down when stopped. That way when you take off you dont weave all over the lane till you get up to speed. Dont say you are not weaving. It took me video taping a friend of mine before he believed me.
It's not "weaving", it's practicing for the twisties... :shakehead:

;)