Dual headlight made simple???

Dirty Mac

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been trying to read all the dual headlight posts but I think I'm missing something.

Wouldn't it be easy to to attach a wire from the hot low beam lead on the left bulb to the low beam terminal on the right?

S

Shamus McFeeley

If you did that, both filaments would illuminate all the time. You would probably burn out your bulb, but not before melting some plastic as well.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this has been talked about in the past.. no its not that simple.. due to amperage and other electrical requirments, you need to run a new wire from the harness or do tcmalker's mod.. any other way, you'll be more "likely" to eather burn something out or cause a fire... sucks, but im sure you want whats best for your bike :)

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
But in reality you would not keep high beams on for full ride, they are for occasional use when no other cars around, Synr got any more info about your MOD?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea, post up some pics and a review about it.. if it works out then great, if not then at least we know... good luck..

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Use the search function. One of the users here makes a wire that plugs directly into the wiring loom. It's perfect and inexpensive. I think it's BD-43.