Does your handle bar shaking?

keef

Reaction score
Visit site
My hand did the same thing. But it wasn't from vibration. It was from the wicked bend in the bars. I got FZ1 bars installed and it made a huge difference. They are straighter and take the pressure off the nerves in your wrist as you bend your wrists on the stock FZ6 bars.

Interesting...
I was having soreness issues with my hands last year, I just installed the FZ1 bar last weekend. Hopefully this will improve things!

Gus

Reaction score
Visit site
What are the proper torque specs for the handlebars? (08 FZ6) I couldn't find them in the owner’s manual. Thanks Gus

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What are the proper torque specs for the handlebars? (08 FZ6) I couldn't find them in the owner’s manual. Thanks Gus

17 foot pounds and just as the manual states be sure to first torque the front bolts alternating from one to the other and only then torque the 2 rear bolts.

Mike100

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a 07 with good regular maintenance. It is weird that my right hand always feel very uncomfortable because of the shaking of the handle bar. It is not the shaking you can see by eyes but a very high frequency of shaking. It is weird as my left hand doesn't feel it while my right hand does.

Do you feel the same thing on your bike? Any idea? Thanks for any advice.

Did your regular maintenance include synchno'ing the throttle bodies?
I had a very bad high frequency vibration when I got my 06, and was advised to synch the throttle bodies. This made a huge difference, then to get rid of the last bit of buzz I added gel grips and I was good to go.
Just a thought.

graysky

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep. Bars vib all the time. Tried everything, but the right wrist still goes numb. Took the bike to the dealer and they said everything was normal. So this week or next, bye bye FZ.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might also want to rotate your lever slightly to align your hands to your wrists. Most every bike I've sat on has them rotated up so much which make my hands rise above my forearm to grip them. Try rotating them down so your wrist stays parallel to your forearm. Place the bike on the center stand and sit on it riding style. Rotate the levers so your hands aren't reaching up to them. This will reduce fatigue!

Note: people with long torsos will notice this more than those with a shorter mid section.

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same problem with my fsz6 naked 2005.
Here is what I did, and solved the numbness completely:

-Changed to fz1 bars.
-Torqued properly the handlebar clamp.
-Torqued properly the OEM bar-ends (they are heavy enough IMO)
-Changed the steering head bearings (bad bearings cause vibrations)
-Mounted soft gel-type silicone grips.

Additionally I changed the clutch and brake lever with 2-finger aftermarket ones, not sure if it made a difference, but it sure did stop the buzzing noise from the OEM levers (I assume it was created through vibrations?!Which could lead to numbness?!)

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Many of us find handlebar vibration on FZ6 to be quite bad at certain RPMs.
There are many ways to address it.

1. Make sure your handlebar clamps (2 small plates for 06 and older or 1 big plate for 07 and newer) are properly torqued.
Front bolts need to be tightened and torqued first and the top plate should be pushing against upper crown. Then the rear bolts should be tightened and torqued.

2. Grip puppies or aftermarket grips can help soak up good amount of vibration.

3. Heavier bar ends can help. Do a search for "HVMP" and you will find good info on this.

4. There are several ways to add weight to the bar to reduce vibration.. it can be filled with sand or lead shot.

Erci, can you define 'front' and 'back' in number 1? I want to make sure mine are installed correctly, but I am not sure if the ones toward the windshield should be touching the crown or the set towards the tank.

Thanks!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Per manual should the handlebar bolt be tightened with loctite?

No Need for loctite.

Since this thread is about Vibrations; lets cycle back to the Root Cause as it seems the thread is about masking the issue vs fixing it. If the bar vibes come from the engine vs the wheels and drive train - this thread has Corrected at least 30 cases of shakes, harmonics, engine induced vibrations that could not be solved by a tune up or throttle body sync (sync is good for idle to 2500 RPM)...

Read on if you found this thread and need to reduce vibes at the source:
Vibration! A cure for bad vibrations