• 5'11"+ : No

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen lots of posts about the Puig screen. Seems to have mixed reviews, mostly when considering riders heights. So, I thought I'd put a little poll together to see how many are really satisfied.
This is mostly in reference to highway speeds, as the wind below 55 mph is pretty mellow.
Also, if you are dissatisfied, please say why.

I'm 6'2" and I think the Puig racing screen is great. Wouldn't ride without it now - although I have heard a very short screen works well too. Haven't tried it myself.

With the stock screen I got a lot of wind and a ton of buffeting to where the bike felt like it was trying to rock side to side. With the Puig I still got a ton of wind, but the buffeting was gone. So yes and no. I'm 6'4".

I'm 5'11.5" and I love it. I think the reasoning behind people liking the smaller screen is the air in now hitting you all over and its not coming up underneath the helmet. i find that at higher speeds its so much easier to just crouch a little and you are out of the wind with the racing screen. it just goes over the top of the helmet.

I'm 6'1ish. I'm mixed and your other post prompted me to replace it today with the stock wind screen. I get a lot of wind noise with the Puig and I'll see if it helps. Not ridden it yet.

Honestly, I haven't ridden the FZ without a Puig, but with it, there is deffinitely some turbulence at highway speeds. Whenever I'm not in traffic, I usually tuck down and the wind noise is almost eliminated as it all hits the very top of my helmet. I've been very happy with mine and have had no reason to reinstall the stock piece.

I know the FZ6 isn't a SS bike but I think the reasoning behind Puig's "Race" screen is that you can tuck much easier and be COMPLETELY out of the wind. With the stock screen you pretty much have to have your chin on the tank and the FZ's ergo make that for a very uncomfortable position. At least for me.

I'm 6'2\" and I think the Puig racing screen is great. Wouldn't ride without it now - although I have heard a very short screen works well too. Haven't tried it myself.

same for me, but I'm 6'3.

65 mph with stock screen is less comfortable than 110mpg with the Puig :eek: (07 Fazer)

Just installed my racing screen yesterday and immediately noticed a difference. I'm 5'10" and it definitely made the wind go around me better. Before with the stocker, I'd have the wind constantly blasting at my neck, now its above the neck and feels much better.

+1 No probs at all with mine.

[ :hijack: ]OT question for ya? When you mounted the Stebel, did you mount it down by the engine like others or separate the two pieces and mount them elsewhere?

Thanks Oz!! [/ :hijack: ]

I installed the puig double bubble last week. I thought it was a little better untill I read this thread and took it out on the interstate. I'm 6'2" and when I got up above 80 mph I really felt and heard a lot of wind. It seemed at the time like a bit more than my stock. I think this weekend I am going to try them both on back to back rides on the same road at the same speed. I almost think the stock windscreen was a more comfortable ride. I'll post my opinion after this weekend.

I really hate the turbulence. I found the Puig Raciing didn't help with that much at all. Seemed to possibly be a bit better than the stock, although the improvement was easily within my margin of wishful thinking that it was a good purchase. I ditched it for CalSci. No wind blast or turbulence, but looks more like a sport tourer than a sport. Doesn't bother me though. I don't like crouching when I ride - feels uncomfortable, I don't like cranking my head back to see forward, and my mirror position is out of whack. I'm 6'1".

The head buffeting will only be removed in two situations, one being the air deflected over and around you (proper windshield) or, the air not being interrupted at all, (naked bikes) with a decent helmet.

You could try these or create your own to test with... Welcome to Rumble-Strips

Back