Dodge ram 1500 Vrs ford ranger

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
So I work as a mechanic for a local carlot. Was going back to the shop from getting a tire in a unofficial lot truck. I was on a side street trying to make a left into a 4 lane street I waited on a pedestrian to to get across the road when suddenly a 18 wheeler was in the right lane turning on to my street and was just about to turn. I waited as two cars came up from behind the truck in the left lane and I could clearly see behind the truck and swear I didn't see a damn thing.

I pulled out to make the left and was T boned by a dodge ram 1500. 40 mph no brakes, no seatbelt, spun me around in 3 lanes of traffic.

Since it was an unofficial lot truck it had no insurance now I'm stuck. I happened to have a truck 1 model year newer than the guy that hit me and I'm gonna get it running and give it to him.

My shoulder and neck are sore. But I can understand why....

I have never had an at fault accident in my life. This sucks!!!!

This is the ranger. Thank GOD he didn't hit the cabin.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Get yourself checked out immediatly, your health is the most important!!

And yes, you probably wouldn't be posting if nhe hit you in the cab!!

Heal up!

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I work as a mechanic for a local carlot. Was going back to the shop from getting a tire in a unofficial lot truck. I was on a side street trying to make a left into a 4 lane street I waited on a pedestrian to to get across the road when suddenly a 18 wheeler was in the right lane turning on to my street and was just about to turn. I waited as two cars came up from behind the truck in the left lane and I could clearly see behind the truck and swear I didn't see a damn thing.

I pulled out to make the left and was T boned by a dodge ram 1500. 40 mph no brakes, no seatbelt, spun me around in 3 lanes of traffic.

Since it was an unofficial lot truck it had no insurance now I'm stuck. I happened to have a truck 1 model year newer than the guy that hit me and I'm gonna get it running and give it to him.

Unofficial lot truck?
I had something similar happen to me, left turn in an intersection and a guy hit me in the same place on the truck....except he never came back. The only thing that kept me from flipping the truck against the curb was that I use to pre-run the dirt roads in Victorville, CA...it gave me the experience of counter steer and throttle in a spin.
Just for safety sake, you might want to get checked by the Doc.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Unofficial lot truck?
I had something similar happen to me, left turn in an intersection and a guy hit me in the same place on the truck....except he never came back. The only thing that kept me from flipping the truck against the curb was that I use to pre-run the dirt roads in Victorville, CA...it gave me the experience of counter steer and throttle in a spin.
Just for safety sake, you might want to get checked by the Doc.

It wasn't insured. By me or my unofficial employer..... I need a new job.

Il look at my shotty health insurance and see

The guy was cool about it and understood. When he asked if I was sure that indidnt have ins. I said yep il take my ass whipping now.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that sucks. So the red truck is not yours? Used frame and bed and it could see life again. Well w/a little cab and axle work.

Good Luck!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry to hear. #1 no one seriously hurt. I hope you can get out of that business soon and get some security. :(

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like even though the accident was your fault, your employer is definitely on the hook for this if you were on the clock.

When I was a kid washing dishes, they'd even tell me to clock out when I left the restaurant on break to run an errand. Otherwise, if anything happened to me, they'd be stuck with the bill.

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Get your self a lawyer.. Even if it was your fault! If you're on the clock you should be covered. Dont go by what your unofficial employer says. Get a lawyer and let them deal with all the bs.

Good luck.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
My boss did

Well he isn't making me pay for the truck that got hit. I will have to pay to fix the guys stuff so he won't go to insurance.

Because if he does take it to court it's not like he will really get anything. I will give him another truck and we will move on.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My boss did

Then he still owns it and is responsible, YOU NEED A LAWYER ASAP if he doesn't step up to the plate. Your covered under the business (wether he's got insurance or not). The boss choose NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE, its now HIS RESPONSIBILITY to fix it... Just my opinion, but he's (the boss) trying to screw you big time..

I wouldn't be giving anyone MY PERSONAL vehicle...

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
No I'm not giving him my personal vehicle it technically is my bosses also. I'm gonna settle up with the guy and find another job. The carlot is 3 miles away from the shop and I will not drive Any of his vehicles off that carlot. I don't get it. What happeneds if a customer gets hit while test driving. My boss is close family, but it does feel like I'm taking a screwing. I am just working here until I get out of paramedic school. But i don't get paid near enough to be a mechanic (8.50$h) and deal with this ****. It's not like I was joy Riding in the ratty ass truck.

BTW can a mod change the name to something a little bit more discreet so no other party can stumble upon this? I wasn't thinking about that...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch!

Look on the bright side. If it had been a small car or motorcycle that you didn't see you might be paying their medical bills for the rest of your life with no insurance! I consider this lucky!

I find that the older I get the less I trust my eyes and I find myself looking 2 or 3 times at an intersection before pulling out, especially on the bike.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it two cars came out from behind it I usually look way to many times left and right make sure. I couldn't live with my self if I had hit a motorcycle

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No I'm not giving him my personal vehicle it technically is my bosses also. I'm gonna settle up with the guy and find another job. The carlot is 3 miles away from the shop and I will not drive Any of his vehicles off that carlot. I don't get it. What happeneds if a customer gets hit while test driving. My boss is close family, but it does feel like I'm taking a screwing. I am just working here until I get out of paramedic school. But i don't get paid near enough to be a mechanic (8.50$h) and deal with this ****. It's not like I was joy Riding in the ratty ass truck.

BTW can a mod change the name to something a little bit more discreet so no other party can stumble upon this? I wasn't thinking about that...

Exactly!!!

When a customer goes for a test drive, he's covered under the business insurance. Same for employee's! I can't put insurance on a car I don't own!!

The boss just doesn't want this wreck (on his record with his insurance company) to jack up HIS insurance rates, so he's letting YOU get screwed and YOU pay for repairs and keeping it un-reported. That's what insurance it for... If he doesn't want it reported, let him pay to make things right.

Anyway, your ok, I just hate to someone get screwed when they shouldn't be..