Do you miss your fairing?

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in northern Iowa and ride the FZ6 until is snows regardless of the temperature. Honestly when it gets to a certain temperature, like around 10 degrees or lower, it doesn't matter what kind of protection you have, cold is cold lol. Wear wind resistant gear that's also vary warm and you'll be a-okay. Btw did the same type of winter riding with the fairing and then this recent winter without and like I said there isn't a huge difference. Also +1 on what erci said.

P.S.
I'm a senior in Aerospace Engineering at Iowa State University and I'm currently taking a lot of gas dynamic and testing laboratories and I just wanted to say that what everyone is saying about the weird turbulence is supported by science. Let's just say while a windscreen makes the BIKE more aerodynamic, it makes the rider in a normal riding position get caught by the separated flow which is the most turbulent and causes the most drag. Little things that cuase drag like our clothes and helmet aren't in large enough magnitude until about Mach 0.25 (200+ mph) or so and there are only a few of us on this sight that go that fast lol. So have at it man you won't regret it.

P.S.S.
Sorry for the nerd out it's kinda my job now lol

Thank you very much. This is the information that I needed. I have to choose a new bike and I'm doubting between the fz8 or the fz8 fazer. I had a fz6 fazer till it was totalled in an accident. Now I know for sure: fz8. Now if anybody could help me out with the color. :)

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the looks with the fairing so I just cut down a Puig racing shield and it gave me smoother air flow and a lower noise level, no problem cruising down the super slab at 85.:thumbup:
P1000656.jpg

I like that idea, thanks. I think I am going to order the kit anyways and keep the stock parts as best I can.