Do you know EXACTLY how far your FZ will go on the flashing fuel indicator?

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I found out today exactly how far my FZ will go once the fuel indicator starts flashing...53.3 miles! I knew it was low but figured I could make it to a gas station, made it about 1/4 mile from my house when it died. Luckily it was a short push home and mostly downhill. A little gas from my lawn mower gas can and I was on my way! Does this make me a :squid:?

Last edited:

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had mine come on for the 1st time yesterday. I only rode a little over 5 miles before getting gas, 50+ miles is pretty friggin brave.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I always assume I have 25 high rev'n miles left on f-trip, I know its probably more along the line of 35+ but why chance it. I don't think I would try 50 unless it was flat highway 6th gear miles and then I would be uncomfortable about it and wouldn't enjoy the ride.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried it till dry and had to litterally push it to the nearest petrol station.

Did it cause I asked myself this question before and decided to give it a test.

So what I got was 84.4km dry.Hope it helps:)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
holy christ that was brave to be that deep into the reserve. works out to 80km or so.

When I get up to 45km i start to panic thinking it is about to stop on me. With this new information I will now push on into the 60's :p

(stick around for my own thread like this then in a little while haha)

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine started flashing on a ride 2 weeks ago to the top (my first time on FZ) of Sandia Peak. I was 1 mile from the top (10,640' elevation). So I got scared and turned around and headed back down (13 miles) to the gas station near the bottom. Filler her up and found that it only took 4.05 gallons!! I could have went over 60 more miles! Now I know.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went about 15 Kms on F Trip the other day, and when I filled up, it only took 15,5 litres, so I was guessing about 80 Kms on F trip, which works out with what you found out today.

Thanks for sharing.

:rockon:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
And I thought I was adventurous for letting it fall to only 2 bars above the "E" mark :eek: You guys sure as hell enjoy pushing your bikes huh :D

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I don't remember how far I was on ftrip but when I filled up I put 4.8 gallons in. Normally fill after I've reached about 15 miles into the reserve.

W

wrightme43

I went pretty far once, I dont remember exactly how far though.

A guy I work with (A.S.E. certified master tech with the advanced engine diag over the top of that) said that one of the worst things you can do to your fuel pump is run it low. It uses the fuel to cool the pump and when its low it doesnt come far up on the pump and they get hotter than they should and fail early.

Soooooooo now a flashing fuel bar means the nearest gas station for me. Them things cost 400$

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
...wasn't watching the emergency gauge, but the magic (or better, the un-magic) number on the trip gauge was 228 for me.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I did 61 miles on F-trip last year before the bike cut out....yea it can go far...but now 20-30 miles is the longest I'll push it...