Do you keep anything in the underseat storage

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
So far, just the tool kit and a pair of bungee cords. I stopped by Blockbuster last night to pick up a DVD and stuck it under the seat. Not only did it barely fit but it was freakin' hot in there. Guess I could put a burger under the seat and have it still steaming when I arrived at my destination!

Tim

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
OEM tool kit, tire patch kit, disc lock with orange reminder cord,and Power Commander. I can't really fit anything else. I keep license and registration in my jacket and in my tank bag I have cell, tire gauge, CO2 inflator, glasses, camera and other stuff.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
OEM toolkit and the alarm. It leaves me just about enough room to put a packet of cigs under there I suppose, but I've never tried. I either use my tankbag (if I remember it) or stuff things down the front of my jacket :D

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
Stock tool kit, "roadrash kit" tiny first aid kit, camera, a beanie, and my registration in a plastic bag...

JKJ-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Gee, I'm going to miss my Burgman! Under the seat I can carry all the papers and tools I want, plus two grocery bags, and an extra bag and bungees if I pick up more stuff along the way. I guess junk expands to fill the available space.

What are the bare essentials, and how do you guys carry any extra items?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Backpacks FTW!
To answer the question of the chain, you might be able to get about 5' of a decent size chain in there but I wouldn't put something that heavy in there, over moving parts in a plastic box. Nothing would probably ever happen but knowing my luck, it would have broke the 1st time sending a chain in my rear wheel.

I use to keep a Kabar, spare fuses, super glue, channel locks, a 10mm t handle and a few other t handles and tht was all I ever needed.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on backpacks! Its a great way to go if you dont have/like luggage. I used a backpack until I got my soft luggage, then the Givi cases.
I do have the tool kit, minor first aid kit, fuel controller, speedo corrector, and heated glove local control under there:eek:

Last edited: