Different Paint ???

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had any custom airbrushing done?

Or, just a really killer paint job put on thier bike?

I would like to change mine up, but wanted to see what other people have done.

Ben

Z

zoomman

Always wondered this myself. Would love to have a different color other than the traditional blue, shift red, silver and black.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about POWER BLUE...

picture.php

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the 07 nakeds have a sweet white with blue racing stripe up the middle and an orange with black stripe that look really sweet.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay don't slam me with the "This thread is useless without picks", I don't have the photos on this computer.

My father and I have custom painted three bikes. It's nice to have an artist as a father. He has a garage full of metal working and wood working tools, a paint booth, etc. Anyhow...I always like the clean, single color look. On my GS11 we did it in Porsche Guards Red. We did everything, all the body work, the frame, the fork sliders, the insides of the brake rotors (they were solid back then) the brace for the rear brake caliper, the motor mount tabs, kickstand, centerstand, etc. It was super clean.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/non-fz6-motorcycle-section/2940-1981-suzuki-gs1100ex.html

I had crashed my Yamaha Vision and we painted it in a similar manner but used '76 BMW 2002 Metallic blue as part of the rebuild. It was stunning.

The first bike my dad painted was a Yamaha XT250 for my best friend. White body parts and he hand lettered the block "YAMAHA" logo on the tank. The guys at the dealership were blown away.

So I guess the point of all of this is, for me, I prefer a clean, simple, understated look, instead of a flashy look.

Regardless let hear your ideas and what you are thinking. Sounds like fun!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I think nooj has an older fz that is white with a red block stripe. it is really good looking let me see if I can find it.......

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
very Nice, i love the Yamaha anniversary paint scheme (probably the original too)

if you mean original paint im not sure, if you read his post about it, it is a "donkey" bike that he made out of miltiple bikes... it is in the "what other bike" thread.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you mean original paint im not sure, if you read his post about it, it is a "donkey" bike that he made out of miltiple bikes... it is in the "what other bike" thread.

oh, i meant the original Yamaha racing paint scheme that got updated and turned into the anniversary scheme that is replicated on his bike.

H

HavBlue

I like the new Kenny Roberts style paint scheme on the R6. I also like the look of the Ducati S4Rs...

H

HavBlue

I have the Colin Edwards #5 1:18 scale in that paint scheme. I love collecting that scale and have about 100 of them now.