Difference in these bars....?

wildman

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the real differences between the 'Pro Taper EVO' dirt bike bars, to the stock '07 FZ6 bars?

Heres a pic and link to the Pro Taper bars.
Pro-Taper-EVO-Handlebar

0902_sbkp_11_z+2008_yamaha_fz1+interior_view.jpg

Stock bars....
2008-yamaha-fz6-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The tapered ones are 1" in the center and end up 7/8" at the end.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What you may be missing from earlier replies is the fact that because pro-taper is oversized in the middle, you can't mount these to your bike without using an adapter, which ends up costing more than other bars which are not oversized and may have better position too (pro-tapers are VERY wide at nearly 32").

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Those protaper bars look a lot like the protaper ones that were on my FZ6 when I bought it.

They are very wide and straight. I switched to the FZ1 bars and while the arm and back pain went away, I now get more wrist pain.

wildman

Reaction score
Visit site
Those protaper bars look a lot like the protaper ones that were on my FZ6 when I bought it.

They are very wide and straight. I switched to the FZ1 bars and while the arm and back pain went away, I now get more wrist pain.

I'll have to look into the FZ1 bars, because I think I can deal with a little wrist irritant, but I too get the arm and back pain.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Please explain....

fz6 bars curve in. make your wrists bend. unless you have the arms of a tyrannasaurus rex this is unacceptable in my opinion.

the others there are the same more or less in that regard.

the fz1 bars are MUCH straighter but still hook in a little bit. the riding position is a bajillion times better. you feel more sporty and responsive and on long distance rides it is so much nicer to just sit back and hang on to straighter bars.

switching to fz1 bars has been a night and day change for me. i looked at other bars but those ones are the best. in my opinion.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the FZ1 bars on my FZ6, They are awful, the stock ones are way more comfortable
That might be some kind of record, replying to an 11 year old thread!

FZ1 bars are excellent, IMO...with up and back risers of course. The wrist angle of the stock FZ6 bars was my issue, just not natural at all. The FZ1 bars solve that, but then you're leaning too far forward, as you noticed. Throw on the up/back risers. Problem solved. (Can be found on eBay among other sites).
I've since moved on to new bars, however, to get me sitting even more upright with no weight on my arms. Link below. Same wrist angle as FZ1 bars but swept back more like the stock FZ6 bars.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050HC39E/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_4q48Eb8MVX0D9