Difference between 2006 FZ6 and 2007 model

rger8

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Just new to the forum and I have a chance to buy a 2006 FZ6 with about 3800 miles on it. Has touring windshield and not a scratch. Only thing is I'm not sure he has had it seviced yet. ( 16 valves sacres me :eek: ) There appears to be some changes to the 2007 model but I'm not sure they are significant. Does anyone know the differences?

He wants $3800 for the bike. Seems like a good deal, no?

Thanks for any info.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
the 07+ has 4 pot front brake calipers.
the fairing design is different.
the rear brake cylinder is easy to get to for when you replace your brake fluid.
the radiator cap is not as close to the fairing, so it's easier to service.
(the last two are not a big deal)

at 3800 miles you're just breaking it in. :thumbup:
if you buy it be sure to get a service history and be prepared to replace ALL fluids (motor oil, brake fluid, coolant) and tires (because they are incredibly old).

06Fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
honestly man i would steer clear. not that its a bad bike i have a 06 and love it i just bought mine for 2100. Ya it has a couple scratches but overall in great shape only 5000 miles orginal owner i got the org 2 keys books and everything. i think that is way to much to pay for one you can buy 08 09 around here for that. just my .2 cents its a great bike though

06fiz600

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good deal, depending on where it's coming from. I got mine from the dealer. It is same year, had the same miles, with the touring and standard shield.
I paid $4100 this past October. I think with the open house sale, I got it for about $4000, but still sounds like a good deal! :thumbup:

06fiz600

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Just new to the forum and I have a chance to buy a 2006 FZ6 with about 3800 miles on it. Has touring windshield and not a scratch. Only thing is I'm not sure he has had it seviced yet. ( 16 valves sacres me :eek: ) There appears to be some changes to the 2007 model but I'm not sure they are significant. Does anyone know the differences?

He wants $3800 for the bike. Seems like a good deal, no?

Thanks for any info.
The valves only need adjustment every 26,600 miles (another plus, that it's got low maintenance).

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another change when the 07's came out was the swing arm. The 06 and older had a steel swing arm and the 07 and up has an aluminum swing arm. Also instrument cluster.

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
07+ has painted rear grab handle assembly instead of black, painted front fender, black front forks instead of silver, helmet lock. I own a 06, but would look for a 07+ unless the 06 is a smoking deal which that is not.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Another change when the 07's came out was the swing arm. The 06 and older had a steel swing arm and the 07 and up has an aluminum swing arm. Also instrument cluster.

Actually, my 06 swing arm is aluminium, they did change it 07+ to a different shape.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
07+ have a different instrument cluster, better IMO...fuel mapping improved,
better mid range, as mentioned, fairing and screen are different and it's easier
to change to a different screen on the newer models, more choice in screens too,
looking at aftermarket gear I've seen more availability on the 07+ bikes, but that
just may be my experience

rger8

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, you guys are great with the replys! Thanks for all the feedback. I think I would rather hold tight for an 07 or newer model based on the comments. I would rather pay a few bucks more. They are unloding new 09's FZ6R's for 5K at one dealer but I like the aluminum frame on the now discontinued FZ6. The full faring is nice but I dont really care. I'll keep lookin!

Thanks again, Great forum!!:thumbup:

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
If you get the 07+ FZ6 Yamaha has a factory lower fairing you can buy that looks sweet. Looks better than the Fz6r, plus none of the lower spec stuff that the "r" has.