Difference between 07, 08, and 09??

TraumaRN

FZ6 owner wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I have been researching and shopping for my first bike for several months now and I have pretty much pinned down to the FZ6. I had found a couple of left-over 09's somewhat locally and on a whim, I decided to check out what was available used. I found what appears to be a pretty clean 07 with 8k miles, new tires and tune-up also locally at about a $2000 savings.

My question is other than color choices, is there any significant differences between an 07, 08, and 09 FZ6? I did a quick search and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks for your help!!

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
TraumaRN: do your coworkers know you're interested in a motorcycle? The reason I ask is, I used to live down the street from a nurse at an ER and I never heard the end of the motorcycle horror stories. I can understand their perspective... just wondering if you catch hell for it? Or how you feel about motorcycles after working in a trauma center? I'm not sure I could ride if I had to see the human consequences of motorcycle wrecks with any regularity.

kdburtch

Reaction score
Visit site
TraumaRN: do your coworkers know you're interested in a motorcycle? The reason I ask is, I used to live down the street from a nurse at an ER and I never heard the end of the motorcycle horror stories. I can understand their perspective... just wondering if you catch hell for it? Or how you feel about motorcycles after working in a trauma center? I'm not sure I could ride if I had to see the human consequences of motorcycle wrecks with any regularity.

I am a paramedic, and a lot of the medics I work with have motorcycles. Life is not life unless you live it. Gear up, and ride smart.... but that being said, if you don't wear a helmet just make sure you sign your organ donor card :spank:.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't matter what you do for a living, work colleagues ALWAYS have a go at me for riding.

"It's so dangerous"
"You have to have no brain to ride a bike"
"You'll get killed"

Etc, etc.

Yet, they surf (shark attacks are pretty common in Australia); play footy (can break their necks) or more importantly, DRIVE THEIR CARS LIKE IDIOTS!.......

:D

Back to topic, yep, iSteve has the link there from Wiki - will tell you a lot :thumbup:

TraumaRN

FZ6 owner wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I work with several ED nurses, docs, and others that ride. Yes, we see a lot of motorcycle crashes, but typically, they are the result of alcohol, excessive speed, or insufficient use of protective gear. Thankfully, all of my coworkers subscribe to the ATGATT philosophy. Plus, if anyone of them was brought to our ED after doing something stupid on their bike (like drinking and riding), we would all work very hard to save their life just so we could kick the snot out of them for being a moron!! :spank:

As others said, there are the ones who say "You should know better", but this is true everywhere in every profession. Heck, I even get it from my family.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Actually, I work with several ED nurses, docs, and others that ride. Yes, we see a lot of motorcycle crashes, but typically, they are the result of alcohol, excessive speed, or insufficient use of protective gear. Thankfully, all of my coworkers subscribe to the ATGATT philosophy. Plus, if anyone of them was brought to our ED after doing something stupid on their bike (like drinking and riding), we would all work very hard to save their life just so we could kick the snot out of them for being a moron!! :spank:

As others said, there are the ones who say "You should know better", but this is true everywhere in every profession. Heck, I even get it from my family.

Sounds like a good set of co-workers there.

It'll be good to see another Berks County FZ6 rider. :)

TraumaRN

FZ6 owner wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good set of co-workers there.

It'll be good to see another Berks County FZ6 rider. :)

They are the best!!! And I'm not a FZ6 rider yet! Still shopping and waiting for the day my wife will say, "Would you please shut up and go buy one already?!?!" Once that day comes, we'll have to go for a ride sometime. I'm outside of Reading in Muhlenberg.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't really caught anything about riding from my coworkers.

My friends are down the middle -- half of them want (or have since obtained) a bike, or want to go riding with me all the time -- and the other half think I'm stupid for having one.

My family has been the anti-supportive deal, they've realized I ride a bike and that's not going to change; they don't really give me crap about riding, but they constantly tell me to be careful/etc.