Dianese jacket only zips to Dianese pants??

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been wearing my Dianese Santa monica jacket everyday for the past month and i love this jacket!!!! So i decided to go down to the shop and see what pants would zip to it. Sales guy told me only Dianese pants will zip to the jacket...... Is this true??

I dont mind spending on some nice leather pants but im wondering if i really need to buy Dianese brand just to have it zip.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Take it to a tailor and have the install a new more simple zipper.

I have alpine stars pants which zip to a Scorpion jacket which never came with a zipper.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
The simple fix is to stitch the jacket side zip of your pants to the pants side zipper of your Dainese jacket.

I have 2 olympia jackets (summer and winter) and 2 pairs of pants (olympia summer and Fieldsheer winter) and I just got a friend to sew the pant side zipper from one of my olympia jackets to the jacket side zipper of the fieldsheer and hey presto 2 piece suit !!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent, im giong to have to do this. Now the trick is to find a tailor who wont ruin this 800 dollar jacket ahhahaah. Actually while its in there, has any one put there own perforations into a leather jacket??

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Follow Lone's suggestion and you'll be ready to go.

I have done it before with a BIG plus, the tailor is my mom and we live in the same house :D

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Buy Dainese pants then you will have the best quality 2 piece. I have a Dainese jacket/pants combination and the zips match and they fit perfectly.

Do you reccomend a pair that has excellent venting and protection?? I dont mind spending the money, i am just new to leather pants so not to sure what to look for yet.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you reccomend a pair that has excellent venting and protection?? I dont mind spending the money, i am just new to leather pants so not to sure what to look for yet.

My jacket is 7 years old now and the pants not much younger. This is the set. I'm not clued up on today's range, sorry.

scud.jpg

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
Sales guy told me only Dianese pants will zip to the jacket...... Is this true??

Yes, but there is another option made by Dainese..... Dainese Union Belt

I had the same issue and ended up buying Dainese pants to go with the jacket. The union belt zips to your jacket and you can connect it to your pants with a belt for $50.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent, im giong to have to do this. Now the trick is to find a tailor who wont ruin this 800 dollar jacket ahhahaah. Actually while its in there, has any one put there own perforations into a leather jacket??

Bring it to me. My wife laughs at how I match all my gear up with zippers! LOL!