Dealer not offering Yamaha's Promotional Offers??

poultond

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to my local Charlotte area dealer during lunch today and was asking about the financing options that Yamaha is offering on it's USA website and the salesman wasn't aware of them and he then quotes me different info.

What gives???

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to my local Charlotte area dealer during lunch today and was asking about the financing options that Yamaha is offering on it's USA website and the salesman wasn't aware of them and he then quotes me different info.

What gives???
New sales guy maybe?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ask to speak with the manager and if they don;t offer you what Yamaha has to offer then head to a new dealer.

I might be inclined to do so anyway, incompetence rarely stays in the finance dept, they might all be a bunch of Yahoos.

W

wrightme43

If you use dealer selected fiance, the seller will be allowed points. These come in checks to the fiance guy. He may spend them on hookers and cocaine. I used to sell cars.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
If you use dealer selected fiance, the seller will be allowed points. These come in checks to the fiance guy. He may spend them on hookers and cocaine. I used to sell cars.
lool Yep back in the day i'm told cocaine and hookers were the salespeoples best friends...I tried being a car sales man, quit after a week...lol

poultond

Reaction score
Visit site
I called Yamaha USA and they basically stated that the dealers are all independent and could do what they want.

I'll search for one that will honor the promotions.

koolfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I called Yamaha USA and they basically stated that the dealers are all independent and could do what they want.

I'll search for one that will honor the promotions.

WOW, :wtf: I work for a autodealership and, of course it is different, i know we can't get away fro stuff like that. On the same token, you get kickbacks from the manufacture.

S

soul2coal

For what it's worth, I called American Express and got one of their credit cards with 0% financing for 15 months. If for some reason I don't have it paid off by then, I'll transfer the balance over to some other credit card that offers 0% financing on balance transfers. Keep in mind that the 15 months starts the day you call and get approved. I didn't know that and lost a month that way. MATT

poultond

Reaction score
Visit site
For what it's worth, I called American Express and got one of their credit cards with 0% financing for 15 months. If for some reason I don't have it paid off by then, I'll transfer the balance over to some other credit card that offers 0% financing on balance transfers. Keep in mind that the 15 months starts the day you call and get approved. I didn't know that and lost a month that way. MATT

I've considered doing something similar. I actually really prefer the Silver color FZ-6 so I've considered doing that to pickup a used 04-05.

H

HavBlue

WOW, :wtf: I work for a autodealership and, of course it is different, i know we can't get away fro stuff like that. On the same token, you get kickbacks from the manufacture.

Correct and so does the F&I guy. At times the dealer can get a better deal for you and very likely themselves by selling through an outside finance venue. I am however surprised Yamaha allows this in their respective dealer license agreement.