DEAD Battery at work! HELP!

Hmmm, couldnt find the "Wright" charger on the online Walmart store. Is something you need to pick up in store only?

I recommend a battery maintainer. With VRLA batteries you do not want to over charge.
This works OK ~$55: Batterytender.com - Home of All Your Charging Needs Battery Tender PLUS! - 12V @ 1.25A

This works great ~$50 and what I use: Tecmate Optimate 3 Battery Charger

This just came out but should be the new "industry standard" ~$70 : TecMate North America

Your battery may be sulfated, which means that when it runs down, the sulfer from the acid plugs the tiny "acne" in the lead plates slowing down the chemical reaction. The Optimate 3 will apply a high voltage at low current (battery must be disconnected from vehicle electronics for this to occur) and this will help move the sulfur off the plates. The Optimate 3 will bring this battery back to life, even when standard chargers won't do a thing. This charger has brought back 6 batteries that other chargers would not charge, it is not fast by any means but if it gets a few more years out of the battery, it has paid for it self.

The Optimate 4 just came out and looks promising, but I have not used or tested it, so I have no base of reference. Time will tell.

VRLA = Valve Regulated Lead Acid. This battery has a liquid acid but is sealed and under 1-4 PSI at sea level. The moisture that evaporates is recycled to the cells so water never has to be added, BUT if you apply a charge to rapidly, or leave a non smart charger on too long, you will build up pressure and cause the battery to vent. Do this too many times and the electrolyte will get low. AGM (advanced glass mat) batteries a suitable replacement but are just as sensitive to charging but can take much more abuse than typical gel cell batteries.

Back