Data tag

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just purchased a data tag street bike application kit to put on to my fz6 and wondered if any of you guys have put this on to your bike?
How easy it was to apply and how long did it take?

Any hints and tips would be gratefully received.

Gary

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have read in the bike mags that some guys dont use all of the tags. That way the theif will not be sure that they have found them all.

Neil

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My kit was installed by the dealer. It took them about an hour to do as I waited. I have no idea where the transponders are on it, but I have seen the microdots and have some left over if I add any extras to the bike.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
My kit was installed by the dealer. It took them about an hour to do as I waited. I have no idea where the transponders are on it, but I have seen the microdots and have some left over if I add any extras to the bike.

I did think this maybe the easer option. :D

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
These "Data Tags" are obviously a UK thing? I've never heard/seen these. I'm assuming they are some sort of "lo-jack" for your bike? What exactly do they do?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i thought theft was a big deal over here in the states, but seems like in the UK they put more into the prevention of it.

H

HavBlue

Here's where there is a language difference on the two sides of the pond. When I saw the subject as "data tag" I knew right away it was referring to the data tag on the right upper frame rail but I hadn't thought about Europe or the UK. In the US all vehicles have a data tag that will have the 17 digit VIN "vehicle identification number" and other information like GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating), date of manufacture and some other items. Boy was I in for an education. What you folks are talking about is all together different........

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's where there is a language difference on the two sides of the pond. When I saw the subject as "data tag" I knew right away it was referring to the data tag on the right upper frame rail but I hadn't thought about Europe or the UK. In the US all vehicles have a data tag that will have the 17 digit VIN "vehicle identification number" and other information like GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating), date of manufacture and some other items. Boy was I in for an education. What you folks are talking about is all together different........

We call that the VIN Plate.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry for the confusion guys i just thought data tag was a world wide product.

Any how i have now got it sorted and gone for the easer option and booked it into my local dealer for them to do properly.:thumbup:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still kinda hazy on Data tag. Is this similar to "LoJack" (hidden device that authorities can track electronically and costs around $500 USD)?

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still kinda hazy on Data tag. Is this similar to "LoJack" (hidden device that authorities can track electronically and costs around $500 USD)?

No that is what is know over here as a tracker at the same sort of price.Datatag i bought for £50 and around £20 for them to fit.Its an electronic marking system easily identifiable to the police using hand held scanners.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
No that is what is know over here as a tracker at the same sort of price.Datatag i bought for £50 and around £20 for them to fit.Its an electronic marking system easily identifiable to the police using hand held scanners.

I need to get a datatag .....

Either that or smartwater

H

HavBlue

So do we!, data tag would be a good second name for it.

Nope, the VIN plate on cages is located on the left side of the dash at the point where the windshield meets that dash. On a cage the data plate is located on the trailing edge of the driver door although I have seen them on the (B) pillar as well. When we went to OBDII those plates incorporated the ECU data as well.