Dare I ask? Highway pegs?

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it sounds geeky but on longer rides (maybe 300km +) my knees get a bit sore from being bent all the time and I keep thinking a set of pegs up front to periodically give them a stretch would help.

But theres not many places up front to bolt to. Anybody have suggestions?

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
If i have been riding for 5 hours or more i will put my pillion pegs down and rest the front of my ankles on them. After about 15 mins of that my legs are good again.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
pegs can be a nice addition if you do a lot of distance, esp so if you are tall like me, having you legs folded up that far can be a pain. (pun intended)

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
pegs can be a nice addition if you do a lot of distance, esp so if you are tall like me, having you legs folded up that far can be a pain. (pun intended)

This is exactly the deal for me. After a tankful or two of gas my legs need to straighten out. I've been riding for about three decades so my knees are no longer as forgiving as they used to be.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've posted a bunch of pics of mine a few times (a quick search should locate them). I mounted them on crashbars. Twisted Throttle sells everything you'd need.

I love them on long rides and they fold out of the way when not in use.

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks D-Mac. Your set up for pegs will be quite similar to how I was going to attach pegs to my old KZ650 that case guards. I was looking for pics of the bikes with frame sliders. I think they would be too high and too far back. Like maybe you would hook yuor knees over them.

I guess I can find FS pics easy enough.