Danmoto Model: EX-00747 - anyone running this?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I like DanMoto - I can guarantee that those are loud. You'll probably need to repack them on a somewhat regular basis, but they're probably pretty good!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about this exhaust, but i know the difference between the 04-07 and 07-09 on the Leo Vince ones is the decat pipe.
If these keep the cat and attach after that they should fit all years.

Little info on the FZ6 one, but this review of the Honda Hornet one is pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHdKJDys4s

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
It's too bad there is little info on that one.

I took a chance i ordered one. I guess if it sounds good i'll probably try to make a video. There is like 2 videos on youtube for the FZ6 and for some reason, they seem to think it's good to film so close to the exhaust.

I thought i wouldn't want to pay more than that. I am about to find out. ( i also ordered the battles as i heard they are very loud )

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
It's too bad there is little info on that one.

I took a chance i ordered one. I guess if it sounds good i'll probably try to make a video. There is like 2 videos on youtube for the FZ6 and for some reason, they seem to think it's good to film so close to the exhaust.

I thought i wouldn't want to pay more than that. I am about to find out. ( i also ordered the battles as i heard they are very loud )

It is loud as ****. Trying to find a way to quiet it down, makes no sense lol, so loud.

Anyone has an idea?

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
Are they too loud WITH the baffles? Can you post a video? I am hoping they are not too good to be true.

The baffles are IN. It is loud. Too loud for my taste.

I will be making a video soon. I don't think a video can show how loud it can be. but, I mean, probably not as loud as having no exhaust,

Idle is loud and deep. I'm just not finding a RPM range that's a bit more quiet. It's hard to take off without making way too much sound. Whenever i see a police car i think they will pull me over. I'm dissapointed.

I contacted Danmoto about it, they quickly responded that beside the baffles that i bought, they do not have anything else to quiet it down. They also mentionned i should not buy after market ebay baffle because it would put too much pressure and heat on the pipe.

djb chicago

Reaction score
Visit site
It is loud as ****. Trying to find a way to quiet it down, makes no sense lol, so loud.

Anyone has an idea?

https://www.bigcitythunder.com/ If you can get a baffle from big city thunder to fit anywhere inside your exhaust pipe, it will drop the DB level about 7 to 8 db. I had a DRZ racing super moto that was waking up the neighborhood. I measured the inside pipe diameter in front of the slip on, ordered the closest baffle size, and installed it in the pipe. The baffles have a set screw hole, so when I had it in place I drilled a hole through the pipe and installed a set screw with lock tight. I have gotton baffles from Big City Thunder and used them on three different bikes. None of the bikes I used them on were listed in their applications for my bikes. These were all racing machines that were too loud. The sound changed for the better, de-accell popping totally stopped, and the dyno follow up showed some low end improvement with very modest top end loss. I did not have to re-mapp these bikes. Find a straight section of pipe anywhere after the header and call Jim at big city thunder to get the closest fit. You might find two baffles to put one in each slip on exhaust? Thess baffles are very affordable, $60 range.
Keep us posted if you go this route. I am just now starting a 2007 FZ6 to maximize low and middle RPM performance.
The statement from Danmoto about head pressure and heat is off base. Your stock set up probably had triple the back pressure.
Dennis, near Chicago

Last edited:

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
https://www.bigcitythunder.com/ If you can get a baffle from big city thunder to fit anywhere inside your exhaust pipe, it will drop the DB level about 7 to 8 db. I had a DRZ racing super moto that was waking up the neighborhood. I measured the inside pipe diameter in front of the slip on, ordered the closest baffle size, and installed it in the pipe. The baffles have a set screw hole, so when I had it in place I drilled a hole through the pipe and installed a set screw with lock tight. I have gotton baffles from Big City Thunder and used them on three different bikes. None of the bikes I used them on were listed in their applications for my bikes. These were all racing machines that were too loud. The sound changed for the better, de-accell popping totally stopped, and the dyno follow up showed some low end improvement with very modest top end loss. I did not have to re-mapp these bikes. Find a straight section of pipe anywhere after the header and call Jim at big city thunder to get the closest fit. You might find two baffles to put one in each slip on exhaust? Thess baffles are very affordable, $60 range.
Keep us posted if you go this route. I am just now starting a 2007 FZ6 to maximize low and middle RPM performance.
The statement from Danmoto about head pressure and heat is off base. Your stock set up probably had triple the back pressure.
Dennis, near Chicago

I will check it out for sure, thanks for that. I was gonna try something because i am not confortable with how loud they are. I guess i would need to remove the existant Danmoto baffles that does nothing if i install those.

Here you mentionned "Find a straight section of pipe anywhere after the header and call Jim at big city thunder to get the closest fit." Do you mean they also have something that can be installed near the midpipe before the exhaust?

djb chicago

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, this device can be installed anywhere after the main header. I'm new to this bike and I don't see a lot of straight pipe sections. These baffles are really simple in design and are typically cone shaped. Get your inside pipe diameter, get as close as you can to match that. It's OK if it's a little small since you are holding it in place with a set screw. Get the lenght of the baffle and determine if you have enough straight pipe to install it. Option B would be to use two of these baffles and place one in each slip on. Option C would be to put the stock Cat back on?
Leave the existing baffles in place. They will work well with the mid pipe baffle.
good luck

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, this device can be installed anywhere after the main header. I'm new to this bike and I don't see a lot of straight pipe sections. These baffles are really simple in design and are typically cone shaped. Get your inside pipe diameter, get as close as you can to match that. It's OK if it's a little small since you are holding it in place with a set screw. Get the lenght of the baffle and determine if you have enough straight pipe to install it. Option B would be to use two of these baffles and place one in each slip on. Option C would be to put the stock Cat back on?
Leave the existing baffles in place. They will work well with the mid pipe baffle.
good luck

My stock cat is still on. This is a "cat back" exhaust that i have. From the cat to the exhaust basically.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 2004-2009 Carbon [EX-00747] - $259.20

Sent out an email to Danmoto and they say its direct bolt on for 04-07 FZ6 with no modification.. anyone have any input on these/danmoto?
Where are you located? If you are in the US you are going to need to order from the US site which is significantly more expensive because of the shipping. Try like $350 I think for the same exhaust? I'm actually looking to sell my carbon slip-ons with the baffles if you are interested.

But yes, as everyone has said they are VERY LOUD. Pretty much nothing to them. Sounds amazing though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jtsharps

Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you located? If you are in the US you are going to need to order from the US site which is significantly more expensive because of the shipping. Try like $350 I think for the same exhaust? I'm actually looking to sell my carbon slip-ons with the baffles if you are interested.

But yes, as everyone has said they are VERY LOUD. Pretty much nothing to them. Sounds amazing though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do you still have these for sale upshift? If so, I'm quite interested. One question though, and this is what brought me here, does this exhaust maintain the place where the fender/license plate bolt on? I have no problem building a custom plate holder but I just put the Givi top case rack on there and it needs that to bold onto. Can anyone answer this for me??

JT

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you still have these for sale upshift? If so, I'm quite interested. One question though, and this is what brought me here, does this exhaust maintain the place where the fender/license plate bolt on? I have no problem building a custom plate holder but I just put the Givi top case rack on there and it needs that to bold onto. Can anyone answer this for me??

JT

It maintains the bracket you need for the Givi and the plate. However, it is nowhere as solid as the bracket you had on the oem muffler. You can move the bracket back and forth with ease.

I do have a givi, but it's in my garage, not installed, not sure if it would be solid enough for that.

I will post a picture soon

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
It maintains the bracket you need for the Givi and the plate. However, it is nowhere as solid as the bracket you had on the oem muffler. You can move the bracket back and forth with ease.

I do have a givi, but it's in my garage, not installed, not sure if it would be solid enough for that.

I will post a picture soon

Here is where i uploaded the pictures : 600Riders - Album on Imgur

MS2MULT.jpg

WfRY68D.jpg

LU5NpzE.jpg

er53qkY.jpg

WGSse1d.jpg

jtsharps

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much for posting that! I was affraid of that very thing, that it'd be really flimsy. If I get this exhaust maybe I can make something a little more sturdy, using what comes w it as a template.

Thanks again for the great pics! I was lookin all over Google for those!

How do you like the exhaust overall? I hear people saying too loud but I have a Gixxer 1000 running a GP style short pipe w no baffle along w a KTM RC8 that is 3 times as loud as the Gix so I'm pretty sure no pipe will be too loud for me on this bike.

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much for posting that! I was affraid of that very thing, that it'd be really flimsy. If I get this exhaust maybe I can make something a little more sturdy, using what comes w it as a template.

Thanks again for the great pics! I was lookin all over Google for those!

How do you like the exhaust overall? I hear people saying too loud but I have a Gixxer 1000 running a GP style short pipe w no baffle along w a KTM RC8 that is 3 times as loud as the Gix so I'm pretty sure no pipe will be too loud for me on this bike.

I think no one post pictures of the exhaust that way because it's not it's good profile. My opinion? as long you are not looking at the bike straight from behind it looks good, I don't like that the exhaust does not fill all the space. You can see the brackets etc.

As for the sound, everyone agree it is loud, specially when revving, but i think i got used to the exhaust sound somehow. I like how it sounds.

As you mentionned, i do not think it would be too loud for you considering your other bikes. You would probably feel right at home.

jtsharps

Reaction score
Visit site
I think no one post pictures of the exhaust that way because it's not it's good profile. My opinion? as long you are not looking at the bike straight from behind it looks good, I don't like that the exhaust does not fill all the space. You can see the brackets etc.

As for the sound, everyone agree it is loud, specially when revving, but i think i got used to the exhaust sound somehow. I like how it sounds.

As you mentioned, I do not think it would be too loud for you considering your other bikes. You would probably feel right at home.

I did get this exhaust, bought it from the earlier poster that said he wanted to sell his. I do see exactly what you're saying that it doesn't cover the whole area and you can see everything in there. Definitely not the greatest design that way. I did however plasti dip the silver bracket black so that helps it not stick out so much. I also did use that bracket that came with the exhaust to mount the Givi top case setup on there. It's actually pretty solid & I don't have any worries that it won't hold. If I do become concerned it should be really easy to run a custom bracket from where the fender is/was bolted on to help support it.

As for the exhaust itself, I love the sound so far. The first thing I did, remove the baffles. Who needs/wants baffles? :rockon: I haven't actually gotten to ride the bike yet but I love the deep, throaty sound! I can't wait to get it out on the road and see what that sounds like. I have no doubt that I won't be disappointed! I will post up some pics once I get my turn signals & the rear end is complete. I took the whole fender off & replaced the tail light at the same time.