Crowd rescues crashed motorcyclist.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just about to post the same video!
Too bad we don't know what caused the crash, but looks like the rider wasn't wearing much gear, if any.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad we don't know what caused the crash, but looks like the rider wasn't wearing much gear, if any.

I was going to say the same,Not even a helmet!!!Sooner it's made law in the states the better.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

He was wearing a BMW and those things will usually have a 5 star safety rating.

:)

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Authorities say the accident Monday near the Utah State University campus in Logan happened when the 21-year-old Wright collided with a car pulling out from a parking lot.
Motorcyclist: Life saved by heroes who lifted car

Looks like the guy in the suit is the BMW driver. He can be seen leaning on the trunk while the guy is still pinned underneath. When everyone pitches in to save the guy, he doesn't lift a finger. It's bad enough he caused the accident, but he should be embarrassed by his actions afterward. Yeah, I'm sure it was stressful, but man up. Everyone else did.

Hat's off to the citizens who stepped up to save someone they didn't even know. That mess could have exploded into a fireball at any moment.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thing they did I couldnt hear anysound for some reason but did the rider survive or dose anyone know? And also looking at the front wheel of the bike it very well could have been a buell I figured the gas in the frame might be a lite safer...if it was a buell I guess not

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
wow...insane!

The guy in the green shirt saved the guy's life...it appears that everyone else thought they could just roll the car off the pinned rider but once they realized it wasn't going any further if anyone had lost grip the entire car could have come back down and crushed the rider! smart thinking green shirt!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I just read the ap article on this and the rider did survive. Also the article made sure to state that the driver of the car helped to lift it off the rider....ya didnt seem that way to me

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, the friend who sent it to me pointed out the guy in the suit, who was one of the first on the scene and the only one whose attire matches the BMW. Per Jeremy Clarkson, anyway. ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKwS-7LOAx8&feature=related]Top Gear on 60 Minutes - Oct 24th, 2010 - YouTube[/ame] Scroll to 2:55.) His actions (Inactions?)certainly did. By the time some of 'em were on the scene there wan't a lot of room to help lift, but there were definitely some other bystanders. I'd probably attribute crowd organizer status to the slender woman.

Last edited:

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
After surviving a wreck like that and being given a new lease on life I would hope he would reconsider wearing gear. A+ job by the bystanders for not being bystanders!! We need more people in this world to take action in a situation like that instead of being eyewitnesses! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing video - thanks for sharing! Things like this restore a tiny bit of faith in humanity ...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The family was on the news this morning thanking all the bystanders for helping save his life

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It was all over the news in the office today. Really gives you hope for your fellow man.

DO you know if there is an article somewhere on this crash? I'm curious as to how the crash actually happened and what caused the bike to burst into flames (and how on earth did the rider get under the car!)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
DO you know if there is an article somewhere on this crash? I'm curious as to how the crash actually happened and what caused the bike to burst into flames (and how on earth did the rider get under the car!)

There is a ap article but it dosent give much info it just said that both the bike and car were pulling out and collided

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a ap article but it dosent give much info it just said that both the bike and car were pulling out and collided

That has always annoyed me. Just like obituaries...they never give details on "what the hell happened!" :confused:

Is it not acceptable to know how an accident happened? People need to know so they can avoid situations that might let that happen again.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I dont like that either it was a real short article but they made sure to state that the driver helped, while his car was on fire, from the looks of the video the bike cought fire therefore causing the bmw to go up and the driver seemed more annoyed that his car was f'd, I would really like to know what kind of bike it was myself