06 FZ6S Rebuild and Naked conversion.

joshua

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Gents,

I bought a crashed motorcycle and I am trying to rebuild it. It was a FZ6-S but it will be a FZ6-N. Here are a few images of whats it looks like.

213fb349-cc13-46e5-ba85-8972860113c9.JPG

d576e921-fc12-41d1-8ff8-8bdb8180f19a.JPG

Sadly, it does have a cracked framed and ill have to replace it. Anyone got one laying around? haha.

joshua

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked it up for $400. I honestly wasn't completely prepared for what I got myself into. Should be fun either way.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good buy... for parts... If you are planning to repair it, good luck! I'm seeing $2,000 at least in used parts to get it ride able. Factoring forks, frame, front wheel, triple, handlebars, speedo?, naked conversion kit, stator cover, seat, tail. But don't let me discourage you if that's what you want to do.

Like gulfpete said. Finding a FZ with a blown engine would be the ticket. Swap the '06 engine in, and have a plethora of leftover parts if something goes bad down the line! Being that the frame is done, seems like this would be better as a donor bike. Just my opinion.

Sinking a bunch of money into a rebuilt title vehicle isn't something I would do personally...

Keep us posted with whatever you do please!

I wonder what happened to the poor bloke who crashed it? :shakehead:

joshua

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, next time I'll know better and can then make better decisions. So far, I am at $1,000 in parts. Frame is looking like another $600. So all in it will probably balloon over $2K. I could buy a used on right now for $500 to $1,000 above that but I wouldn't get to have all this fun! I'll try to get another photo of where I am at so far up soon.

I am still trying to get it to start. It turns over and that battery is good. Have yet to check compression or spark plugs. Plus, I have a dangling lean angle cut off switch I am not sure works or not.

I am believing that the guy who wrecked it fared much better than the bike.

joshua

Reaction score
Visit site
I am getting a couple of Error codes.

Error Number 19 : Sidestand sensor error - DIAG mode 20
Error Number 30 : The bike went down - DIAG mode 08

The lean sensor is good and reads within normal when upright. The sidestand on the other hand is having troubles. When I bypass the kickstand switch it doesnt register a change in daig mode 20 but the bike is in neutral and I cant get a spark. Bike turns over and nahs but when test the plugs I dont get a spark. I cant figure out if the starter cutoff relay in the master relay is bad or if the ECU is bad.

Would any of you fine FZ6 riders mind testing my ECU and master relay on your bike if I shipped them to you?