Crashing for Independence

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, at about 12:30 a.m. today I was heading down the road that I live on on my way to my girlfriend's house, and I swerved to avoid a wet spot in the road, then went into a slide into a field alongside the road. The front end of my "not-so-fast anymore" red '07 is all broken on the left side, left foot peg sheared off, gear shift bent outta shape, dents in the tank, the rear-end looks a little caddywhompus and the bike is pretty scratched up etc etc....

I got pretty dirty and I'm a little sore this morning, but no major injuries as far as I can tell. Luckily I had all my gear on, Helmet, Boots, Gloves, Kevlar Jeans, Leather Jacket. Also, I have full coverage on my bike so I won't be hurting financially.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should get it replaced to stock or do something cool to it.

I tried to post pictures, but this is what it said:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aw, man... :(

Glad to hear you're pretty much okay though, that's the important part!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, at about 12:30 a.m. today I was heading down the road that I live on on my way to my girlfriend's house, and I swerved to avoid a wet spot in the road, then went into a slide into a field alongside the road. The front end of my "not-so-fast anymore" red '07 is all broken on the left side, left foot peg sheared off, gear shift bent outta shape, dents in the tank, the rear-end looks a little caddywhompus and the bike is pretty scratched up etc etc....

I got pretty dirty and I'm a little sore this morning, but no major injuries as far as I can tell. Luckily I had all my gear on, Helmet, Boots, Gloves, Kevlar Jeans, Leather Jacket. Also, I have full coverage on my bike so I won't be hurting financially.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should get it replaced to stock or do something cool to it.

I tried to post pictures, but this is what it said:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Glad your ok mate,
Why were you swerving to avoid a damp spot? were you Lent over going at speed?
Or did you just have a brain fart?
BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA

Nelly

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Glad to hear that you're doing OK. My wife just had her first bike drop a couple of weeks ago. I would just suggest that you use this as a learning experience so you don't repeat in the future. It may be safer to just hit the water and clean off the spots.

The important thing is that you are OK, the bike can be fixed. Good luck and hope you're feeling 100 % soon.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
The more I think about it, the more I can see that it wasn't really me swerving to avoid the water that sent me off the road, it was that I took my eyes away from where I was heading (a curve in the road) and then reacted once I realized I was going to ride off the pavement into a ditch. I don't usually swerve for anything unless it's going to be more dangerous to hit it than to take action to avoid it. Like Nelly said, I just brain farted.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! From your first post I didn't think it was that bad. Sorry to hear man, glad you didn't get hurt.
Doesn't look like those sliders helped too much.... :(

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your pretty much ok... you gotta be some sore?
IMO it's Totaled!!

I see a naked conversion!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OUCH! I'm glad you are more or less okay. Too bad about the Fizzer, she does look totaled, I can see and inexpensive insurance buy back in your future. As long as the frame, fork and wheels are okay you could make a naked or a dedicated track bike. From lemons make lemonade!

W

wrightme43

OUCH man!!! That took a hell of a hit. Glad your ok.

Naked Club!!!

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Good that you could get up and walk away (Glad your OK) and sorry about the bike. I had a friend from work who hit a deer and now the is in the hospital bleeding from the brain. ( NO HELMET!!!! ) So boys and girls it might be hot and uncomfortable and look a little silly WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! So you have a better chance of walking away. :Flash:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to know you were geared up and OK! Good for you!

The bike can be fixed much more easily!